Iowa State Uniform Discussions

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Pretty funny that we get rid of the jagged-edge shoulder stripes (even though they actually fit our "storm" meteorological motif) while the Broncos are adding it. We just always seem to be out of step.
Those Broncos jerseys are cookie cutter crap. They're getting absolutely roasted right now for those jerseys when they had one of the best unis in the league prior to their last iteration.

You couldn't even see the edges on our jerseys. I don't think the new shoulder stripes are perfect, but we were due for a more retro look and it's one that fits college football.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
Amazing these NFL teams continue to wear ****** "modern" designs when they've already got throwbacks in the closet that are 1,000x better. Why not just wear those all the time?
I agree but all they see are the dollars that come in when fans have to buy the new versions.

On top of that…if there’s one league should absolutely keep their uniforms classic/the same it’s the NFL.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I agree but all they see are the dollars that come in when fans have to buy the new versions.

On top of that…if there’s one league should absolutely keep their uniforms classic/the same it’s the NFL.

I'd argue a consistent uniform that people like (and therefore want to buy merch of that uniform) and connect with as your brand (e.g., Steelers, Packers, etc.) is more valuable than a one-time boost.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I guess I'm just confused how your first two paragraphs can connect. Maybe I'm taking "find it hard to believe" too literally. Because we don't have to believe. We've seen the white. Are you saying you are surprised they're going with that much white? "Find it hard to believe" is usually used to express skepticism, not surprise.

Yes, I have been hoping for white numbers and more white on the home jersey in general. I've said for years that our cardinal/gold combo is just not an attractive color combo without white to break it up. I don't think the shoulder stripes are a grand slam, but I do like them. I'm more excited about the white numbers.
You need to believe what I mean, not what I say, haha. I confuse myself many times.

Reactions: SolarGarlic

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
Curious how much the NFL has a say in what teams do with their unis. I'm sure each team has consultants and don't change much for brand identity but I wonder if the league steps in if a team considers a uniform that is too silly, to maintain the overall league brand. And if that has eased in the past year because it seems like a ton of teams are changing up their uniforms this year.

1238576073jb

Jul 4, 2021
Curious how much the NFL has a say in what teams do with their unis. I'm sure each team has consultants and don't change much for brand identity but I wonder if the league steps in if a team considers a uniform that is too silly, to maintain the overall league brand. And if that has eased in the past year because it seems like a ton of teams are changing up their uniforms this year.
They certainly have a lot of rules re: uniforms (unfortunately, none about matching socks), but I'm not sure how much they are involved in design decisions - probably not a small amount...