Iowa State Uniform Discussions

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
So what is your guess on what time these are being released tomorrow?

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Side note -- I think your gold is too yellow.
Which gold? I've done some with our athletic gold, our university gold, and the a bunch of others with various gold shades.

I think with my mocks, most of them, the gold is truer, because these mocks are done in 1D (1 dimension) as is the cardinal (although I've made my cardinal very slightly darker than our athletic pantone. Many of the other mock releases have been shaded and too dark. I am trying to use our athletic pantone colors, for the most part.

For example, Joe Summers mock here is too dark.
View attachment 128510 The cardinal and gold should be lighter. Mine are lighter and truer. You can take my mock and darken the brightness, and you would have Joe Summers color. It's the same between looking at a uniform in the daylight vs. evening. The evening is going to look darker.

Back to the mocks, I'll get back to the gold pant soon. I'm doing the white pant first, then will shift to the cardinal. I would love for them to do a gold pant, but if they did, I fear it will be the too bright athletic gold/yellow everybody (most folks anyway) don't particularly like.
Thanks for info.

Possibly it's the screen on which I'm viewing it (similar to daylight/dark, as you mentioned). I prefer the "Summers" mock ... I might have to compare yours & that to my phone/tablet and see.
Allow me to illustrate, and thankyou for the great question!

CyUni 2086 WhitePantShortWhtSockWhiteNumGoldTrimPant5Helmet0 5StripeSh(2Yel3Wht).jpg CyUni 2087 WhitePantShortWhtSockWhiteNumGoldTrimPant5(Univ.Gold)Helmet0 5StripeUniversityGold(...jpg ISU UNI 2024 @joesummers.png CyUni 2088 WhitePantShortWhtSockWhiteNumGoldTrimPant5(Univ.Gold)Helmet0 5StripeUniversityGold(...jpg
Since your question and point, I did change the yellow shoulder stripes from our 'athletic gold' (very bright) to our 'university gold' (more mellow and a little darker); see the difference between pic 1 and pic 2. Next is Joe's image. In pic 4, I decreased the brightness (-21 points), to get to a close approximation of Joe's image.

The darker images are not our colors however. Often times, mocks and images of our team, vary greatly in color and contrast due to how the picture was developed, time of day, sunlight, or how the mockup image was made.

I think I'll start using the University Gold a little more. Supposedly, we have not been using it with our athletic teams. Many of us have been asking for a darker gold. It's not as dark as I'd like, but it is an "official' ISU color nevertheless.

Reactions: Statefan10

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Again, with 'university gold' in the sh. stripes and pant. [Not darkened as in pic 4 above.]
CyUni 2087 WhitePantShortWhtSockWhiteNumGoldTrimPant5(Univ.Gold)Helmet0 5StripeUniversityGold(...jpg

Reactions: CYCLNST8

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
Still doesn't answer the question of the image not loading from April 1st.. unless that was intended for the overall look, or something.