Iowa State Uniform Discussions

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
In before the 1st game reveal, w/ a few changes. The lack of gold is pretty obvious w/ the new introduction of black. I'm not saying I don't like it, for now, but would hope we get a little back to our roots w/ more gold in the future.
Cy Uniforms 2018  d2a CYCLONES.jpg

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: bgprest and 67CY

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Here's something to compare, proposed unis for 2019, next year, w/ the addition of gold pants. If we are going to have black, which I like, the addition of gold pants gives us better color balance and gets us back to our roots.
Cy Uniforms 2018  d3a 2019 unis per game CYCLONES.jpg

cyyote15

Nov 3, 2013
Sioux Falls, SD
In before the 1st game reveal, w/ a few changes. The lack of gold is pretty obvious w/ the new introduction of black. I'm not saying I don't like it, for now, but would hope we get a little back to our roots w/ more gold in the future.
View attachment 57505

So, you don't think Campbell will black for a game? He wasn't afraid to the all grays for games. (2016 San Jose State, 2017 Iowa)

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
So, you don't think Campbell will black for a game? He wasn't afraid to the all grays for games. (2016 San Jose State, 2017 Iowa)
Honestly I put down what I might like to see/what could be done, rather than what Campbell will do. I didn't put 'all black' down because I would prefer we never see all black, personally. I do like the black combinations though. I just think it has the potential to be overdone.

If I was a betting man I would probably go 60/40 that Campbell will do an all black this year or next. I would rather see our cardinal and gold colors all the time, in there somewhere, even if just a little.

Add: And the all-grays from last year still had a lot of cardinal and gold w/ the stripes, so that was a bit different.

• Agree
Reactions: bgprest

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Honestly I put down what I might like to see/what could be done, rather than what Campbell will do. I didn't put 'all black' down because I would prefer we never see all black, personally. I do like the black combinations though. I just think it has the potential to be overdone.

If I was a betting man I would probably go 60/40 that Campbell will do an all black this year or next. I would rather see our cardinal and gold colors all the time, in there somewhere, even if just a little.

Add: And the all-grays from last year still had a lot of cardinal and gold w/ the stripes, so that was a bit different.

I have pretty strong feelings we will start the year with...

SDSU = C/C/C
Iowa = C/W/C
Oklahoma = B/B/B

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
View attachment 57505

Do you think they will break out a colored I-State logo on the black helmets? I'm not sure what I'd think of it.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Maybe we can get mods to change this title thread to a title relating to gameday uniforms for this year?

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
I'm feeling like it will be C/W/C for some reason. All the Twitter hype videos have been that

I know typically dark jerseys are for home.. is this an NCAA rule or up to home team?

Also, I've noticed that too.. almost ALL the promo videos/pics have been taken with white jerseys. The first time I actually saw the cardinal jerseys in public with guys wearing them was Victory Day.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I know typically dark jerseys are for home.. is this an NCAA rule or up to home team?

Also, I've noticed that too.. almost ALL the promo videos/pics have been taken with white jerseys. The first time I actually saw the cardinal jerseys in public with guys wearing them was Victory Day.

They do seem to be emphasizing the white look. And I think with good reason -- the white one looks better than the cardinal one in this set.

I thought that about the last set, too, but I digress.

I know in the NFL that the home team gets to choose first, but most teams (save the Cowboys, Dolphins, and many southern and western teams during the hotter parts of the fall) pick their dark jerseys, forcing the visiting teams to wear white.

I am not sure the rule in college, though LSU seems to wear white at home.

I would be fine duplicating that.

Cyke

Jun 22, 2011
Des Moines, IA
I'm feeling like it will be C/W/C for some reason. All the Twitter hype videos have been that
I agree with this. I'll also add the it takes a lot of work for the equipment staff to prepare all of the helmets each week. Wearing cardinal helmets 2 weeks in a row saves a lot of time and effort on their end. (Not sure if CMC is worried about that though.)

Cyke

Jun 22, 2011
Des Moines, IA
They do seem to be emphasizing the white look. And I think with good reason -- the white one looks better than the cardinal one in this set.

I know in the NFL that the home team gets to choose first, but most teams (save the Cowboys, Dolphins, and many southern and western teams during the hotter parts of the fall) pick their dark jerseys, forcing the visiting teams to wear white.

Minnesota is wearing white at home against New Mexico State this week due to a late shipment of jerseys.
https://gophersports.com/news/2018/8/28/football-gophers-to-open-season-in-white-uniforms.aspx

• Disagree
Reactions: TheJackWePack5

k123

Sep 14, 2011
Iowa

Here are some "interesting" factoids about the NFL teams doing white at home (full or half season, for heat, to see rainbow of opponent colors, to make the Cowboys mad, etc) for those who (also) like pointless trivia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Away_colours#White_at_home,_colour_away

...something similar about the weird mix of shades of blue and silver (green) worn by those odd Cowboys:
https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story...me-away-throwback-thanksgiving-changes-061317