Iowa State Uniform Discussions

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
What did our uniform look like in 1975? With the anniversary and the throwback poster maybe that's what our overall unis will look like this year, what they teased suggests that.

IAC1858

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 1, 2008
Ankeny, IA
What did our uniform look like in 1975? With the anniversary and the throwback poster maybe that's what our overall unis will look like this year, what they teased suggests that.

1975’s uniforms were pretty plain compared to the details we’ve seen thus far. I’ve included a few images from that first season at “Cyclone Stadium”. The Cyclones did wear similar stripe patterns to what we saw in the tease during the early 1970s and middle of the 1980s.

Attachments

• IMG_3465.jpeg
    IMG_3465.jpeg
    287.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3469.png
    IMG_3469.png
    163.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3468.jpeg
    IMG_3468.jpeg
    83.9 KB · Views: 33

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Those are the jerseys. Click on the images. You can see the shoulder numbers.
If those are it, will have white numbers on the Cardinal jerseys so you can't have all Cardinal pants. Cardinal jerseys with white numbers and all Cardinal pants would look absolutely awful.

Reactions: Remo Gaggi

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
If those are it, will have white numbers on the Cardinal jerseys so you can't have all Cardinal pants. Cardinal jerseys with white numbers and all Cardinal pants would look absolutely awful.
Yeah, no inside info or anything, but I'd think with the shoulder stripes that we'll see something on the pants as well. We can't have the design mismatch of last set's jersey/pants.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Yeah, no inside info or anything, but I'd think with the shoulder stripes that we'll see something on the pants as well. We can't have the design mismatch of last set's jersey/pants.
A few days after April 1st, I thought the uniform snippets we were getting were not real. They just don't seem like a good change. I guess we will soon find out.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007

Those are the jerseys. Click on the images. You can see the shoulder numbers.

Maybe they will look better once we see the full reveal. It's pretty hard to say now. Too much white in the shoulder stripes IMO though, with the cardinal jersey. Then will they really go with a white collar? Will they add gold and white stripes to a cardinal pant also? It might be great. I just think it might be too much.

I don't know. It's like they had too little white before, now if these hints of change are true, they may be going overboard with it.

• Disagree
Reactions: SolarGarlic

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
It seems to me that the current uni just needed a few tweaks, white for example, and a stripe to the white helmet, white pant, or both. I still feel keeping our current yellow gold is important, but we should also adopt a darker gold. A lot of teams use 2 or more shades of a particular color. With gold, it just seems like the way to go.

Here is a w/c/g mockup of what I had in mind. Putting this darker gold here (slightly darker than our 70's sunflower gold), on a pant or helmet would look great! We could really use gold pants again, but darker gold this time.
CyUni 2084 a1 Uni PantHelmetShortStripe1.jpg CyUni 2084 a1 Uni PantStripe1.jpg CyUni 2084 a1 Uni PantHelmetLongStripe1.jpg 1a 1 Wes'PicsBreece1 mod6GoldPant&SleeveStripe(220,181,80)WhiteGoldTrimNumbers.jpg

Last edited:

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I do like the w/c/g mocks above, if we had the darker gold. It wouldn't be my favorite combo, just one that I happen to have been working on. [I'll get some other combos up, if/when I get 'em done, if anyone is interested.]

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
It seems to me that the current uni just needed a few tweaks, white for example, and a stripe to the white helmet, white pant, or both. I still feel keeping our current yellow gold is important, but we should also adopt a darker gold. A lot of teams use 2 or more shades of a particular color. With gold, it just seems like the way to go.

Here is a w/c/g mockup of what I had in mind. Putting this darker gold here (slightly darker than our 70's sunflower gold), on a pant or helmet would look great! We could really use gold pants again, but darker gold this time.
View attachment 127772 View attachment 127773 View attachment 127774 View attachment 127775
Looks like a Brock Purdy NFL tribute.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
A few days after April 1st, I thought the uniform snippets we were getting were not real. They just don't seem like a good change. I guess we will soon find out.
CW and Pollard have both said they weren't an April Fool's joke and that new jerseys are coming

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016

View attachment 127772 View attachment 127773 View attachment 127774 View attachment 127775
Since when are you on the 49ers jersey bandwagon? Yuck. That Breece combo is awful with the white hemet, no white on the pants. KU font on the numbers? What happened to t-noah?

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Maybe they will look better once we see the full reveal. It's pretty hard to say now. Too much white in the shoulder stripes IMO though, with the cardinal jersey. Then will they really go with a white collar? Will they add gold and white stripes to a cardinal pant also? It might be great. I just think it might be too much.

I don't know. It's like they had too little white before, now if these hints of change are true, they may be going overboard with it.
What makes you think they are going with a white collar?

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006

The tri color look is generally not good. Only team I recall that pulled it off well was the Chargers with white helmet, powder blue jerseys and gold pants.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Since when are you on the 49ers jersey bandwagon? Yuck. That Breece combo is awful with the white hemet, no white on the pants. KU font on the numbers? What happened to t-noah?

I don’t mind the Breece look, as long as the pants have a cardinal and white stripe on them.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
The tri color look is generally not good. Only team I recall that pulled it off well was the Chargers with white helmet, powder blue jerseys and gold pants.
You are right! I had been working on this tri-color design for awhile, knowing that it can segue into different combinations easily. I shouldn't have posted it first. I'll get some others put together.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron