Iowa State Uniform Discussions

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Good: No naked looking beige pants in this round.

Bad: While I understand it's a template, the stripes do nothing for me, and on the white specifically, they just seem so random and bold. They also have some sort of vinyl like look that seems odd.

I know it wasn't going to happen, but I'd be a HUGE fan of being able to move the Trice Logo to the place where the new horizontal stripes are. The Trice Stripes are just now starting to get some recognition and adding these horizontal stripes don't really add anything.
Heat pressed. Welcome to modernity.

Naddafinga

Aug 14, 2013
IA
Why no SILVER????

In 1891, a college committee selected gold, silver, and black as the Iowa State College colors. In 1899, when the Athletic Council decided to provide sweaters to the student-athletes in recognition of their efforts, the council found that it was too difficult to dye sweaters in these original school colors.

IAC1858

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 1, 2008
Ankeny, IA
The uniforms do a great job of taking elements of our uniforms' past and putting them on a modern "chassis". The pants may have been left plain to make the overall look more modern. I do think that stripes similar to the 2003-2007 uniforms would have made this look very sharp.

Give me a couple of alternative logos on the helmets (don’t do it every game) and I will be very content

I also agree that this opens the door to use more logos, including retro ones, to mix up the set more frequently.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Never gonna please everyone no matter what changes are made or not made.

I would like to see a gold helmet. But since we have not seen gold pants for several years, this may be a nice compromise.

Maybe one "special" uniform will be worn this year and certainly a possibility for the game in Ireland in 2025.
I don't think we'll get 4 helmets in the near future (unless we are Oregon). Helmets are pretty expensive and each one has to be custom fitted.

We would have to get rid of the black helmet (not doing with this coach)(and I like the black unis), to add gold. Or go to 4 helmets.

• Agree
Reactions: CloneFanInKC

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
Agree. And I don't think will ever be a school that has one long-standing classic design. Our mold has been set.
My theory is that after Earle B left, some huge donor must have insisted no more gold helmets and yellow pants in stead of gold

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
The new uniform has just enough wrong with it to gripe about that it will sustain this thread for another 400+ pages. Praise the designer.
I don't think we should ever close this thread. It's morphed into a one stop, talk shop, for uniforms.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
The new uniform has just enough wrong with it to gripe about that it will sustain this thread for another 400+ pages. Praise the designer.
CW should be able to borrow enough to buy an RV, just based on the increased traffic.

FWIW I do not see these uniforms as being an overall improvement.

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
Home and black uniforms are an upgrade. The away jersey, I prefer the old version. No stripes on the pants or helmet but having it on the jersey is odd. Now about that fourth option... white with black? Throwback? Gold?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron