Newbie here

zumbro clones

Jan 31, 2007
Southern Minnesota
Careful of the locality trap.

Many Fanatics assume that everyone lives in central Iowa. When they ask "help me find a good plumber". They mean "help me find a good plumber in Des Moines".

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
5. This board is the #1 sponsor of Marty and Miller and also the Jon Miller Show. No one claims to listen to them, but we almost have weekly threads on what they are talking about.

Also, be prepared to be made fun of on at least one of these radio shows (one will call you out by your screen name) for misspelling Cyclones.

A couple more to add:
  • Don't visit the site for at least 24 hours after a loss unless you want to read about firing Coach Chizik, benching of the QB, etc.
  • Don't bring up Wayne Morgan.
  • Visit the Politics board (The Cave) where several of us repeat basically the same thing over and over yet will never change anyone's mind. It's like one big pointless circle!

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
But do drink the Cyclone Kool-Aid.

Drink deeply, let it run down your chin, savor its sweetness.

Go Clones!

A few things to get you started...

1. There will always be threads about the Hawkeyes. Like it or not. Some people are more concerned about them, then their own team. I admit, I have fallen in the trap a few times.

2. Season tickets threads will make half the people mad, and make the day of half the people.

3. Don't feed the trolls. You will figure out who they are quickly.

4. Everyone on this site is part of the fashion police. Ask yourself now, White or Black shoes.

5. This board is the #1 sponsor of Marty and Miller and also the Jon Miller Show. No one claims to listen to them, but we almost have weekly threads on what they are talking about.

6. Contribute to the board. We are a good bunch of people on this site, and I'm sure you will meet several of us during the year.

Hmmmm..... Thats about it....

These are all you need to survive. Welcome aboard!

Landshark

Jan 23, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Also, be prepared to be made fun of on at least one of these radio shows (one will call you out by your screen name) for misspelling Cyclones.

A couple more to add:
  • Don't visit the site for at least 24 hours after a loss unless you want to read about firing Coach Chizik, benching of the QB, etc.
  • Don't bring up Wayne Morgan.
  • Visit the Politics board (The Cave) where several of us repeat basically the same thing over and over yet will never change anyone's mind. It's like one big pointless circle!

These are excellent ideas, but meltdown threads can be flat out hilarious and only reveal what a thin line there is between the sqHawks and us.

1-Try not to post intoxicated after a loss....I'm horrible at this.

2-Please refrain from Wayne Morgan and Larry Eustachy comments, it brings out the worst in us.

3- Ask for help on anything in life, we have alot of smart people here, you'll be amazed!!

4-Thick skin, get some!!! Some people like to brow-beat your opinions (even though they're YOUR opinions).