CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
I’ve never been to the ncaa tourney. Can I expect to see physical brackets hung in the concourse like HS tournaments did in the early/mid 90s?

I have no idea if physical brackets is still a thing.

TIA!

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Your best bet is probably going to be a phone or tablet with TrackWrestling and/or the NCAA Wrestling app.

Reactions: Proton

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Thx Shadow! I hate not having tangible brackets and everything today being digital.

I still take work notes on a pad and paper.

It's been a number of years since I've been able to attend, so I have no idea whether or not they still sell updated paper brackets before each session. Someone who's been more recently can speak to that.

You could very well print your own, but the ones on the NCAA site are already wrong given the change at 141 and the possibility of more changes in the morning.

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
According to the email from ISU/NCAA there is an option to purchase a formal program for the tournament. I still don’t know if it’s a tangible program or digital….

Does anyone know?

TIA again.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
It's been a number of years since I've been able to attend, so I have no idea whether or not they still sell updated paper brackets before each session. Someone who's been more recently can speak to that.

You could very well print your own, but the ones on the NCAA site are already wrong given the change at 141 and the possibility of more changes in the morning.
Track has the updates though.

WhizzerClone

Feb 20, 2020
Download "NCAA D1 Wrestling Championships". Everything you need will be on there. Updated brackets, session schedules, tickets, espn+ link to watch live, etc.

Reactions: CloneFanInKC

Cytasticlone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 22, 2012
Ames, IA
Download "NCAA D1 Wrestling Championships". Everything you need will be on there. Updated brackets, session schedules, tickets, espn+ link to watch live, etc.
I tried this out last night and the thing that sucks is it's still not updated yet even this morning. The 141 bracket still shows Lemley as Ech's first opponent.

Cytasticlone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 22, 2012
Ames, IA
And there are still people who like to do things by hand.
I use Track but wanted to see what the "official" app looked like... It's pretty useless really. Track is the way to go. And for those who want physical brackets you can print from Track as well.

• Agree
Reactions: 1100011CS