NBA: Nike, Adidas & UA ALL pass on Lonzo Ball deal

BikeSkiClone

Jul 25, 2014
Tough for Lonzo, seems like a decent guy from what I can recall. Unfortunately has a major tool bag for a dad (at least from a career/business perspective). Worse is I think the younger brother (LaMelo? Melo?) takes after his dad quite a bit.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Tough for Lonzo, seems like a decent guy from what I can recall. Unfortunately has a major tool bag for a dad (at least from a career/business perspective). Worse is I think the younger brother (LaMelo? Melo?) takes after his dad quite a bit.
Yeah, as Lonzo, he had the best chance to be great. He didn't have it given to him, he just had a dad that probably pushed him harder than anyone ever would have. Then since he has became the national name he has, LaVar has gotten more talkative, and LaMelo sees his brother and dad all over sports sites, and he's scoring 60+ a game and the people in his school are probably in awe of their family, that self entitlement seems more natural for Lamelo. I get the feeling LiAngelo doesn't even like basketball, he is just doing it because his dad wants him to and he can..

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I get all the "laughing" gifs, but this actually makes me kind of sad. I think the kid is, by most accounts, an alright kid. He probably would have had some endorsement potential if it wasn't for his idiot of a dad.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I get all the "laughing" gifs, but this actually makes me kind of sad. I think the kid is, by most accounts, an alright kid. He probably would have had some endorsement potential if it wasn't for his idiot of a dad.

With that said, I could totally see Big Baller Brand being the new Starbury

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I'm not so sure Lonzo is all that great a kid, actually. Some of the clips I've seen of him sure make him look arrogant. Of course that's de rigueur these days. The younger Ball will have a rude awakening once he gets to the next level, at least he will if he has a real coach. He won't be able to cherry pick and get 40 lay-ups per game like he does now.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I'm not so sure Lonzo is all that great a kid, actually. Some of the clips I've seen of him sure make him look arrogant. Of course that's de rigueur these days. The younger Ball will have a rude awakening once he gets to the next level, at least he will if he has a real coach. He won't be able to cherry pick and get 40 lay-ups per game like he does now.
Lonzo is easily the most talented of the three.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
If Lonzo does well as a pro the endorsements will come. One would think that dad will continue to pressure Lonzo hard to perform once he gets to the NBA. A bigger question...which NBA team wants the "family package" that comes with Lonzo?

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA

OK, this is just because I love this GIF:
th

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA

That's what makes it funny/sad. The kid would be just fine if his dad would just shut the hell up. The expectations and hate Lavar has piled on Lonzo and the other 2 is unfortunate but there's no escaping it now. Lavar was looking crazy like a fox a few months ago when he was getting his kids all the extra run, but now he just looks like a dumbass.

Last edited:

LakeHavasu

Mar 27, 2006
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86406
The rich UCLA alumni will get tired of buying the BBB shirts for $100/ each.
I doubt that Lonzo gets drafted by the Lakers. Magic does not want someone (the father) to "over-shadow" the team he is trying to build.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
The rich UCLA alumni will get tired of buying the BBB shirts for $100/ each.
I doubt that Lonzo gets drafted by the Lakers. Magic does not want someone (the father) to "over-shadow" the team he is trying to build.
The fact that the Lakers will most likely be there to take him, and still might not, is gonna be a great storyline leading up to the draft. If the Lakers pass on Lonzo, I'm gonna need a camera on LaVar's face asap

• Funny
Reactions: somecyguy

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
The fact that the Lakers will most likely be there to take him, and still might not, is gonna be a great storyline leading up to the draft. If the Lakers pass on Lonzo, I'm gonna need a camera on LaVar's face asap
If that does happen and Lonzo drops in the draft how long before LaVar is quoted as saying there are too many white guys in the front offices?

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
If that does happen and Lonzo drops in the draft how long before LaVar is quoted as saying there are too many white guys in the front offices?
Idk if he'll go that far, but he will certainly call out whatever white player goes before his son. Craziest thing about that whole story is The Ball Brothers are all half-white.

Help Support Us

Become a patron