NBA: Nike, Adidas & UA ALL pass on Lonzo Ball deal

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Lonzo doesn't strike me as a surefire super star not sure he'd get a shoe deal regardless. Fox made him look like hot garbage.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Lonzo doesn't strike me as a surefire super star not sure he'd get a shoe deal regardless. Fox made him look like hot garbage.
He would've gotten a shoe deal. Fox did dominate him, but Lonzo is really really good. People get hung up on his shot, I just don't think that is a big deal at all. It's like Shawn Marian's jumper or Jim Furyk' golf swing, doesn't look pretty but doesn't have to. His passing was downplayed, but he is a great distributor and seems like a really sharp kid/ good teammate.

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
if you made a tv show about lonzo and lavar about an overbearing clown dad, it would never make the air because people would say its to unrealistic. This guy needs to go. Cant wait for lonzo to get clowned in the nba for awhile. cant wait.

iacyguy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 1, 2011
The Dirty Dodge
Considering Ben Simmons made like 8 million on a shoe deal with Nike his rookie year, id be pissed if my dad screwed that up for me.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
if you made a tv show about lonzo and lavar about an overbearing clown dad, it would never make the air because people would say its to unrealistic. This guy needs to go. Cant wait for lonzo to get clowned in the nba for awhile. cant wait.
I'm hoping that Lonzo does great, so good in fact that he realizes his dad is holding him back, then leaves BBB to sign with a major shoe company. That is my pipe dream.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Idk, I'm staying away from that argument. We know what he said was stupid, but can't really say much more than that
I think it is a pretty tough argument for him to make a case that saying the reason a team didn't win is because they had two many white guys playing isn't racist.

Agree, though. 'Nuff said about that.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
K Swiss!

Big Baller is such a stupid name. Any company with a marketing team won't touch it. Sounds like big balls...Would have been better off with just the last name as the brand.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
K Swiss!

Big Baller is such a stupid name. Any company with a marketing team won't touch it. Sounds like big balls...Would have been better off with just the last name as the brand.
It was made solely around the fact that the logo could include 3 B's representing the 3 Ball Brothers.

Help Support Us

Become a patron