Nikki Moody sues Bill Fennelly over Racial Discrimination...

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
My guess is they continue to hold out hope for a settlement, and the University hasn't budged. Now everyone is wasting time/money/resources over something that is, at best, a money grab.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Can anyone with legal knowledge explain what that means? Who is she still suing? ISU? The AD?

That's my guess, assuming you mean they just made them drop Bill as an individual. Didn't they cast a huge net in who they were suing to start off? Seems it was everyone, the coach, the university, the State of Iowa, etc; pretty much everyone but the fans in the stands.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
That's my guess, assuming you mean they just made them drop Bill as an individual. Didn't they cast a huge net in who they were suing to start off? Seems it was everyone, the coach, the university, the State of Iowa, etc; pretty much everyone but the fans in the stands.

Partially right. They only included season ticket holders. If you purchased individual tickets, you were not part of the lawsuit.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Okay, Abbott & Costello - you're about as helpful as a box of rocks...
IMG_1104-1024x768.jpg

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
In suits against schools the original always is a blanket suit. As is typical of these types of suits, they end up only going after the money and that means the school. Its interesting that they dropped Fennelly "without prejudice" which means they cannot go after him for the same thing again. It's not over yet, but this is the first step towards completion of the suit. It doesn't mean that Coach Fen won't be called to the witness stand.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
In suits against schools the original always is a blanket suit. As is typical of these types of suits, they end up only going after the money and that means the school. Its interesting that they dropped Fennelly "without prejudice" which means they cannot go after him for the same thing again. It's not over yet, but this is the first step towards completion of the suit. It doesn't mean that Coach Fen won't be called to the witness stand.
Actually, it's the opposite, they can go after him again. They can't if they dismiss with prejudice

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Boxster was right, it's whoever else they're still suing. But I haven't looked at the court documents so I don't know if it's just Iowa State or also the AD

My memory was not all that bad, it was ISU, the state and the coach per the ISU letter back then. I was joking about ticket holders, maybe that's where KC thought it was a comedy act. ;)

Screen_Shot_2016-04-18_at_6.55.44_PM.0.png

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
My memory was not all that bad, it was ISU, the state and the coach per the ISU letter back then. I was joking about ticket holders, maybe that's where KC thought it was a comedy act. ;)

Screen_Shot_2016-04-18_at_6.55.44_PM.0.png

So she would still be going after the state and university?

giphy.gif

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
At worst its vengeance of a spiteful soul bent on tarnishing our school, fans, program and especially our Coach.

If you disagree with my statement then I assume you are saying the "worst" was real discrimination. When this suit is finally resolved (dismised on all counts against all defendants) will you still hold that view?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron