Nikki Moody sues Bill Fennelly over Racial Discrimination...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
If they're settling for 60K, I don't see that as a likely outcome.

Why? It seems to me that it would be easier to make a case of discrimination or whatever else she was claiming against an individual than it would be to make a case against an entire institution.

I am certainly not saying she will do it, but I will not be surprised if she gives it a try.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
$60K in a discrimination case? This is the very definition of a nuisance settlement. If anyone takes this as suggesting in any way that this indicates guilt they are an idiot. Attorney's fees alone could easily gobble up more than that $60K.

It's a really sad state of affairs that it often makes sense to pay someone who is making a false claim against you.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
So she'll barely make anything off this after paying her lawyers...

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Why? It seems to me that it would be easier to make a case of discrimination or whatever else she was claiming against an individual than it would be to make a case against an entire institution.

I am certainly not saying she will do it, but I will not be surprised if she gives it a try.

$60K in a discrimination case? This is the very definition of a nuisance settlement. If anyone takes this as suggesting in any way that this indicates guilt they are an idiot. Attorney's fees alone could easily gobble up more than that $60K.

It's a really sad state of affairs that it often makes sense to pay someone who is making a false claim against you.

I'm going to agree with Velo here...

Reactions: VeloClone

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
A great case for the institution of loser pays attorney fees. That would put a crimp on these almost completely frivolous lawsuits. The state would have had no reason to settle and the attorney's would have taken a much closer look at the case, instead they still collected what, $25,000.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009

Obviously guilty bc they settled

• Funny
Reactions: VeloClone