No TV for Creighton VB Match

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Exhibition match with Creighton at Hilton Aug 23 (Fri) 6:00 PM - free admission and open to all.
As an exhibition bout, there will be no live broadcast as far as I can find and not even Live Stats.

Future pre-conference games, as we start the season, are at the Rebel Invitational against UCF Aug 30 (Fri) 3:00 PM and Ole Miss Aug 31 (Sat) 12:30 PM do not list media coverage or Live Stats on the Iowa State site. But Live Stats are shown to be accessible on the Ole Miss site:https://olemisssports.com/schedule.aspx?path=wvball

If anyone has a listing/link for live coverage for any of these three events on Facebook or other outlet be sure to post.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: SMP05

SMP05

Oct 10, 2015
Anyone that went to exhibition game have any thoughts about the team? What a promising start to take the first three sets against Creighton!

• Agree
Reactions: StClone

NenoFone

Feb 12, 2013
WDM
I didn't stay for all 5 sets, I left halfway through the 4th as things were getting sloppy on both sides. Both coaches really started experimenting by then. First 2 sets we played 5-1 with Brandt setting and Holthaus played all rotations at opposite. Herrera and Rhodes played MB and Herbst and Hatch played OH. Baranski and Schuler played DS with Enna at Libero. I thought everyone played well, especially Holthaus and Herrera. I was kind of suprised to see Schuler at DS but she did well, has a killer serve and can elevate enough for back row spikes. Set 3 saw Piper take over setting and Andersen came in for Herbst, Andersen played all 6 rotations too. Shannon saw some action at DS.
Overall I was pleasently suprised and now feel better about the future. It looks dead even between Brandt and Mauck. Funny in warmups they had Baranski hitting left side spikes, she did great, can really elevate.

CY9008

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2010
West Des Moines, IA
I’m excited about this group. I think the OH spot will be by committee as CJL isn’t afraid to tinker with a lineup.

Also encouraging as Creighton handled us pretty easily in the spring (doesn’t really matter at all but interesting none the less). Getting back to the tournament should be a real goal/possibility for this squad.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
I didn't stay for all 5 sets, I left halfway through the 4th as things were getting sloppy on both sides. Both coaches really started experimenting by then. First 2 sets we played 5-1 with Brandt setting and Holthaus played all rotations at opposite. Herrera and Rhodes played MB and Herbst and Hatch played OH. Baranski and Schuler played DS with Enna at Libero. I thought everyone played well, especially Holthaus and Herrera. I was kind of suprised to see Schuler at DS but she did well, has a killer serve and can elevate enough for back row spikes. Set 3 saw Piper take over setting and Andersen came in for Herbst, Andersen played all 6 rotations too. Shannon saw some action at DS.
Overall I was pleasently suprised and now feel better about the future. It looks dead even between Brandt and Mauck. Funny in warmups they had Baranski hitting left side spikes, she did great, can really elevate.
Thanks for the post and very encouraged with the results. As you mentioned, Schuler at DS diversifies the offense from the back row and gets her to serve on every rotation. I recall that she had multiple serving runs on the SA trip. And if both Brandt and Mauck are effective, CJL has the 6-2 as an alternative if required.

Reactions: SMP05

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron