NORML shirts

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
The Iowa farmer is being cheated. We could be the center of the cannabis universe.

Can you imagine all the great stuff we could do with a cannabis research center on our campus? We grow it, UI uses it to treat people...

No, they're not. Great weed that people wanna buy in Colorado is done in greenhouses, not outdoors.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
No, they're not. Great weed that people wanna buy in Colorado is done in greenhouses, not outdoors.
I'm not talking about that. Cannabis (and hemp) have uses beyond getting high and we'll never know the extent of those uses w/o research. ISU could (SHOULD) be a leader in this research. That billion they're making in Colorado greenhouses just scratches the surface.

NetflixAndClone

Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
I'm not talking about that. Cannabis (and hemp) have uses beyond getting high and we'll never know the extent of those uses w/o research. ISU could (SHOULD) be a leader in this research. That billion they're making in Colorado greenhouses just scratches the surface.
flyer_sideB.jpg

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
to those of you saying you will grow weed when its legal, there are 4 different companies that have already been chosen (a guy I know is one of them) they will be the only ones licensed to grow when available.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
What's wrong with Iowa not even growing industry hemp outside? We already have tons of wild canabis growing on the roads and it can't even get you high.

Infrastructure for one. No one here knows how to grow hemp or market it.

I'm all for legal weed, but I highly doubt hemp will ever be a cash crop in this state replacing corn or beans.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Infrastructure for one. No one here knows how to grow hemp or market it.

I'm all for legal weed, but I highly doubt hemp will ever be a cash crop in this state replacing corn or beans.
And we'll never know as long as the research is illegal.

HogueNation

Nov 15, 2016
to those of you saying you will grow weed when its legal, there are 4 different companies that have already been chosen (a guy I know is one of them) they will be the only ones licensed to grow when available.

This is for medicinal purposes. When it becomes recreationally legal your buddy will be one of many.

And congrats on your relationship with Zimmerman, consider yourself lucky.

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
What's wrong with Iowa not even growing industry hemp outside? We already have tons of wild canabis growing on the roads and it can't even get you high.

I agree, some on here probably do not realize that the rope used in old barns to move hay was in part made from hemp before it was illegal. Would be nice to know if hemp could be used as a cellulose ethanol. This is from someone who has not tried smoking it.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Seems like the organization's name would be more appropriate at Illinois State

in Normal, IL