NU recruiting circling the drain

kurimski

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Got a good laugh when I read the morning paper. On the front page of the sports section was Pelini and his coaching staff.

The associate head coach? None other than Barney Cotton.

That is the funniest thing I've heard in a long time! I'm looking forward to playing Nebraska now!

isuforlife

Sep 6, 2007
NU Football: NU's list of recruits shrinks
BY NICK RUBEK
WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER

• On the Web: Big 12 Football
• On the Web: NU Football

RELATED

• On the Web: Big 12 Football
• On the Web: NU Football
The walls haven't caved in, but the structure to the 2008 Nebraska recruiting class took another shaking on Tuesday.

A class that ranked as high as seventh nationally at times this year has dwindled in number from 24 to 16.

The latest defection is junior college defensive end Simi Kuli. The 6-foot-4, 270-pound defensive end, a five-star prospect according to rivals.com and its top-ranked junior college player, is no longer considering Nebraska, according to El Camino (Calif.) College defensive line coach Tim Hyde.

Former Husker pledges Bryce Givens and Doug Rippy both committed to Colorado, rivals.com reported Tuesday. Givens is a four-star offensive line prospect from Denver and Rippy is a 6-foot-2, 218-pound linebacker out of Trotwood, Ohio.

Will Compton, a four-star linebacker from Missouri, also de-committed from NU, instead looking to make his decision between Illinois and Missouri, according to powermizzou