*** Official #14 Notre Dame VS IOWA STATE Camping World Bowl Game(Day) Thread ***

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Pettway said "Iowa State beat Iowa State today".

What BS. We got our asses kicked. Enough about other teams. Let's focus on ourselves.

The defense didn't fix the off-tackle run from the K-State game. What's with that ? I thought we had a great defense.

I used to think we would be ok, playing in the Big 12. You give other good coaches (that are coming into the Big 12) time to figure out perpetual crossing routes, it is time to change something...

Well, it did start with our bad turnovers that left the door unlocked for them to come in and sack our house. Than we followed them outside into the alley to challenge them to get our stuff back and they kicked the living **** out of us and than put our stuff in our car and drove away with it all. Probably texting our gal using our phone right now. :rolleyes:

KenND

Dec 8, 2019
I watched that game.

Notre Dame played way better today than that night.

Notre Dame also played Michigan on the road, in driving rain, and the defense got hung out to dry by an offense that put up something like 28 total yards in the first half and wore down. Sometimes you just have games where the team lays an egg, and it sucks.

I can tell you that ND fans would love to replay that game.

• Winner
Reactions: CloneFan4

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Notre Dame also played Michigan on the road, in driving rain, and the defense got hung out to dry by an offense that put up something like 28 total yards in the first half and wore down. Sometimes you just have games where the team lays an egg, and it sucks.

I can tell you that ND fans would love to replay that game.

Did you think ND played better today?

KenND

Dec 8, 2019
Did you think ND played better today?

I thought that the defense played well. I thought that the offense was pretty average, and that they made a lot of the same mistakes that they did all year. The major difference was that the offense ran the ball better against you guys than they normally do against solid defenses. If I were to give the ND offense a letter grade, I'd give them a C or a C+.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I thought that the defense played well. I thought that the offense was pretty average, and that they made a lot of the same mistakes that they did all year. The major difference was that the offense ran the ball better against you guys than they normally do against solid defenses. If I were to give the ND offense a letter grade, I'd give them a C or a C+.

Yeah they weren't crazy but I was impressed with how they found time and took what was available.

ISU struggles with that concept.

ND seemed like a really well-coached team. Not sure if I recall feeling that way in what little I saw of them earlier.

Reactions: KenND

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
You're high off your ass if you think that was a C effort

• Funny
Reactions: madguy30

LutherBlue

Oct 19, 2006
The defense didn't fix the off-tackle run from the K-State game. What's with that ? I thought we had a great defense.
i don’t know why you would think that. They don’t rush the passer, create turnovers, or otherwise make big plays. They took a big step back this year.

mattyheiden

May 3, 2011
MN
In a downpour. Weather like that messes with everything. And yes, I know both teams had to play in it...

Iowa State has problems against teams that can impose their will up front and dictate the pace of the game. They’re not built to grind it out against teams like Notre Dame