NBA: ***Official 2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread***

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
The Boogie and Brow era in New Orleans is off to a rough start. The two combined for 56 points and 23 boards but the Rockets still beat the Pelicans by 30. It's a hell of a combo, but the rest of the roster is barren.

Have we been sleeping on Houston? With the addition of Lou WIlliams, they look like the only team in the West that can go bucket for bucket with the Warriors.
I actually figured they'd step up this season compared to last but wondered how things would go with the transition out of Howard and the trade in getting Williams for Brewer and a pick.

Lou is definitely a strong sixth man of the year candidate. He really provides a great spark off the bench.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I'll be cheering hard come playoff time for the Rockets and Celtics. I'm not a huge Warriors/Cavs hater but it'd be nice to see some new faces in the finals

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I don't understand Boogie doesn't run very well, and Davis is a type of rim running big man.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I don't understand Boogie doesn't run very well, and Davis is a type of rim running big man.

I thought their spacing looked OK last night from what little of the game I watched. The issue for right now is the total lack of talent around them. But if Boogie and AD are the long term plan for the Pelicans, then the attention those two command around the basket is going to look pretty appealing to soon to be free agent guards and wings. Lots of open looks.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Meanwhile, the Cousins-less Kings destroyed the Nuggets last night. My guy Willie Cauley Stein rang up a 29 and 12 in extended minutes. I love his potential as a versatile anchor for a good defensive team.

Desiigner

Jul 6, 2016
Is it just me or does anyone else think Ben Simmons is just all hype? I've watched him play before and he's never really impressed me.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Realize I am a day late here... I don't think the Bulls did a very good job at the deadline yesterday. They better hope Payne turns into a stud because considering that they gave up 3 picks to get McDermott plus 2 picks to dump Anthony Randolph in that trade, and included one of their best trade chips in Gibson to get an unproven young PG and 2 guys that likely won't be on the team next year I don't see this as really making much of an impact unless Payne just blows up. And Doug was pretty much their main 3 point shooter on a team lacking long range shooters on a team coached by a guy that loves 3's. Rondo probably wasn't getting much interest but they should have shopped Wade as I don't see how he doesn't pick up his expensive player option next year because no other team in the league will come close to paying him that much if he declines it.

Bulls front office showed once again how dysfunctional and poor judgement that they have shown for several years. Outside of Butler they have missed on draft picks, free agent signings, and making trades when they can get the most value out of guys. They really have no plan for this roster right now, trying to rebuild while still competing for a playoff spot is not working because they have no plan in place and haven't been bringing in the type of players needed to play in Fred's system. They really just needed to blow the whole thing up and build around Butler. I feel bad for Fred because he fell into the same trap Tim Floyd did being promised by his front office buddies they'd build a winning roster for him and will likely get fired at some point because they didn't deliver that for him.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Realize I am a day late here... I don't think the Bulls did a very good job at the deadline yesterday. They better hope Payne turns into a stud because considering that they gave up 3 picks to get McDermott plus 2 picks to dump Anthony Randolph in that trade, and included one of their best trade chips in Gibson to get an unproven young PG and 2 guys that likely won't be on the team next year I don't see this as really making much of an impact unless Payne just blows up. And Doug was pretty much their main 3 point shooter on a team lacking long range shooters on a team coached by a guy that loves 3's. Rondo probably wasn't getting much interest but they should have shopped Wade as I don't see how he doesn't pick up his expensive player option next year because no other team in the league will come close to paying him that much if he declines it.

Bulls front office showed once again how dysfunctional and poor judgement that they have shown for several years. Outside of Butler they have missed on draft picks, free agent signings, and making trades when they can get the most value out of guys. They really have no plan for this roster right now, trying to rebuild while still competing for a playoff spot is not working because they have no plan in place and haven't been bringing in the type of players needed to play in Fred's system. They really just needed to blow the whole thing up and build around Butler. I feel bad for Fred because he fell into the same trap Tim Floyd did being promised by his front office buddies they'd build a winning roster for him and will likely get fired at some point because they didn't deliver that for him.

The only teams that would want Wade are teams like the Clippers and Cavs who don't have the space to take on his salary and aren't trying to give up rotation guys.

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Is it just me or does anyone else think Ben Simmons is just all hype? I've watched him play before and he's never really impressed me.

Well yes right now he is all hype because he hasn't played. I disagree with you though; I think if he ever develops a jump shot (which he is capable of) he could be a first team All-NBA guy.

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
Im a huge shaq fan, have been my whole life, but he needs to stop the Javale stuff. At this point its just bullying and is dumb. If I was tnt I wuold put a stop to it when it comes to physical threats.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
What does shaq have to gain by badgering a guy who isn't relevant?