***Official 2017 Transfer Thread***

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Sorry if this has been said already, but I couldn't find it with a quick search. Any info on MiKyle McIntosh? Did we even reach out to him or was that just a rumor when he first said his intention to not come back to Illinois State?
This is how you get transfers like him:

Dean Oliver has a track record of developing guards – both at North Dakota and Illinois State. Paris Lee was the Missouri Valley Conference player of the year and the league’s defensive player of the year last season.

"I am extremely honored and excited to be joining the men's basketball staff at the University of Wisconsin," Oliver said in a statement. "It is truly a dream to coach at such a prestigious, storied Big Ten program. I can't wait to get to work with the young nucleus of players as well as the exciting incoming recruits. I am equally as excited to work with and learn from Coach Gard and staff."

UW is positioned to take a graduate transfer and Illinois State forward MiKyle McIntosh could be in the mix.

McIntosh, 6-foot-7 and 235 pounds, averaged 12.5 points, 5.6 rebounds and 1.8 assists as a junior last season.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
This is how you get transfers like him:

Dean Oliver has a track record of developing guards – both at North Dakota and Illinois State. Paris Lee was the Missouri Valley Conference player of the year and the league’s defensive player of the year last season.

"I am extremely honored and excited to be joining the men's basketball staff at the University of Wisconsin," Oliver said in a statement. "It is truly a dream to coach at such a prestigious, storied Big Ten program. I can't wait to get to work with the young nucleus of players as well as the exciting incoming recruits. I am equally as excited to work with and learn from Coach Gard and staff."

UW is positioned to take a graduate transfer and Illinois State forward MiKyle McIntosh could be in the mix.

McIntosh, 6-foot-7 and 235 pounds, averaged 12.5 points, 5.6 rebounds and 1.8 assists as a junior last season.
?Am I missing something?

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
?Am I missing something?
Oliver was an assistant at Illinois State and was just hired at Wisconsin. Many feel like that will help the Badgers land McIntosh.

It's such a ***** we could play Illinois State next year. Technically any school could play anyone.

It's too bad grad transfers can even be blocked by their former school. Conference rules? Sure. LOI on a commit? Sure.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: srjclone

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Oliver was an assistant at Illinois State and was just hired at Wisconsin. Many feel like that will help the Badgers land McIntosh.

It's such a ***** we could play Illinois State next year. It's too bad grad transfers can even be blocked by their former school. Conference rules? Sure. LOI on a commit? Sure.
That is what I found weird, that he is a grad transfer and they were blocking him from certain schools. Isn't that kinda contradictory to what the grad transfer rule is there for?

• Agree
Reactions: rholtgraves

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
That would almost be better than Brown committing!

Well, double thank you!! Just a passionate Cyclone fan that probably hates losing too much more than loving winning. Also passionate Cub fan... if that tells you anything. LOL
Always 'worried about the next game' , 'never count my chickens before they're hatched', but my heart is in the right place. If we would land Brown, I actually should be given a mulligan of 1 post on my promise...just to say way to go Coach Prohm and welcome Mr. Brown!!
But I'll hold to it. Besides my source.... gone,after the Fred era.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
That is what I found weird, that he is a grad transfer and they were blocking him from certain schools. Isn't that kinda contradictory to what the grad transfer rule is there for?
Well? we all know that what the grad transfer rule is there for, and what it's used for are two different things. Do we have any graduate programs unique to Iowa State?

Anyways, I agree. Like I said, I'm not sure why a school can block a grad transfer. I actually assumed they couldn't for the same reason grad transfers exist at all. Block for proven tampering, I guess, but possibly on the schedule is weak. Reading comments from Muller though, it's not surprising.

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
Am I the only one slightly interested in Rooks?

Not saying he'd be great or good, but at this point with 3 schollies to fill, might as well see what the interest level is.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Am I the only one slightly interested in Rooks?

Not saying he'd be great or good, but at this point with 3 schollies to fill, might as well see what the interest level is.

If we missed on Brown and Morrow, I would certainly look at Rooks.

My preference is Brown, Beverly and Morrow. That would be a great way to round out the spring.

If we miss on Brown (Beverly is a slam dunk), then we still need to look for one more player that can help this year, IMO.

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
If we missed on Brown and Morrow, I would certainly look at Rooks.

My preference is Brown, Beverly and Morrow. That would be a great way to round out the spring.

If we miss on Brown (Beverly is a slam dunk), then we still need to look for one more player that can help this year, IMO.

I'm not sure that Morrow and Rooks are mutually exclusive. I'm also not convinced that Morrow will end up at ISU with Xavier showing interest.

How would you feel about rounding it out with Brown, Rooks, Morrow?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron