***Official 2017 Transfer Thread***

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Not that I really want to talk more about the rival on here, but where are you that are so disagreeing, think I 'm so off base on this?? As their team gets better with experience, he'll get even more shots & assists. Seems like a great shooter, with range, to me. I must be going blind then.
I haven't watched the a lot but he looks like a chucker.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Reading between the lines he is looking for a stretch 4 man like Burton played for ISU this year i.e. Justion. In that scenario Solomon would man the 4. It would allow for big lineups the Stretch 4 moving to the SF, Solomon to the PF and slot Kosongo/Lard at the C.
What if Young is the stretch 4?

• Creative
Reactions: Cyke

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Not that I really want to talk more about the rival on here, but where are you that are so disagreeing, think I 'm so off base on this?? As their team gets better with experience, he'll get even more shots & assists. Seems like a great shooter, with range, to me. I must be going blind then.
I have been on here numerous times saying that i believe they are better than they get credit for. He is not a great shooter, very few people are great shooters.

He will be a solid player for them, but he lacks the quickness to blow by people for layups, he doesn't have the size to body people up very much, so he has to shoot any chance he gets to get his. I am not so sure on the assists, PJ was a large helper in some of those stats and it will be interesting to see how he does in that statistic next year, it will be very telling. All the power to him if he can keep getting better, but I feel that he is going to go through a little more of a sophomore slump than I think people are expecting.

But you are right, back to the topic. Has the UVA guy signed yet, er what?!

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012

That's kinda why I asked. Especially if Lard is raw, and Kasongo is as questionable as everyone suggests....it didn't appear a priority to get a big man five.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

Could be from a shooting sense. He has a solid jumper that was used sparingly last year. Young will likely work on that and we could see some more 3 as he grows as a player.

I don't think that Young end up a true stretch 4 in the mold of White, Niang or Burton (sigh Malou) with a good handle and passing to help initiate the offense that ISU has had recently.
I see Young as getting most of his minutes as the PF/C as needed with his work done down low within 10 ft of the basket.

• Agree
Reactions: MartinCy and Cyclad

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Could be from a shooting sense. He has a solid jumper that was used sparingly last year. Young will likely work on that and we could see some more 3 as he grows as a player.

I don't think that Young end up a true stretch 4 in the mold of White, Niang or Burton (sigh Malou) with a good handle and passing to help initiate the offense that ISU has had recently.
I see Young as getting most of his minutes as the PF/C as needed with his work done down low within 10 ft of the basket.
Solomon Young is not a stretch 4! Never will be. Nothing like Niang.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Solomon Young is not a stretch 4! Never will be. Nothing like Niang.

Agreed. He's more of a physical, scrappy, post.

He has value, but he's not going to take anyone off the dribble, or be a huge 3 point threat.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclad

Cynonymous

Aug 14, 2015

Semantics but I don't consider those as stretch 4's. Booker/Hogue were stretch 4's. Niang was PF with all the SF skills. Burton was a large guard/SF. White was a point forward. Young has some of the SF skills already, but need to be fleshed out a bit more. I don't expect to see much of it next season, but he has a high ceiling and I see him having a full perimeter skillset down the road.

Reactions: heitclone