****Official Class of 2017 Recruiting Thread****

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017

The staff was in on this kid last fall but really cooled on him over the winter. I wonder if it had to do with his eligibility questions but I'm even more curious to see if they try and get back involved now that he's going to qualify.

For a refresher:
Davion Cole-Johnson 6-4 210 lb wing. Originally from Chicago, IL

18.2 ppg 5.6 rpg 2.4 apg

Interesting. I wonder if the 19% 3P shooting is accurate.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I'm starting to get nervous. Obviously if we land Juiston everything will be ok, but if not, yikes. All our best options are starting to head elsewhere. I sure hope this isn't the year that taking transfers doesn't pan out.

On the bright said, people wouldn't be worrying about guys leaving due to lack of PT.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Good he's not going to KU, right?
Meh, I know Mason worked out, but KU chews-up Top-100 players as soon as the next class. "Missing" on a guards like Allen just means hitting on someone at least as good.

With Moore likely going to KU and joining the Lawsons, KU has fully embraced Transfer U. Remember the days when those ignorant fans thought it was a bad thing?

Last edited:

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Nebraska lost a couple solid guys but have replaced them all with solid players, other than Watson, in their eyes, they've upgraded through transfers and now this kid. It's not the dumpster fire the all the attrition makes it seem.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Nebraska lost a couple solid guys but have replaced them all with solid players, other than Watson, in their eyes, they've upgraded through transfers and now this kid. It's not the dumpster fire the all the attrition makes it seem.
No, it's the dumpster fire the century of results makes it seem.

You've been in Huskerland too long imo.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Allen made a choice based on wanting to start right away. That is going to backfire for him. At least choose a school where the coach will be around after next year.