****Official Class of 2018 Recruiting Thread****

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Without derailing the thread too much, does anyone else regret ISU cooling on Teddy Allen and his eventual landing at West Virginia?

Just curious, is it possible he was ready to proceed with his recruiting and we had to cool on him because we thought we had a good chance at Juiston? Or is the timetable not even close or the position they'd play comparable?

jim4

Sep 27, 2014
Just curious, is it possible he was ready to proceed with his recruiting and we had to cool on him because we thought we had a good chance at Juiston? Or is the timetable not even close or the position they'd play comparable?

The latter

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Hopefully getting in a long way ahead will help us with this one (not to mention the better recent success and proximity).

Hope you're right. Maybe they were down last year, but after all, it is Indiana....tradition.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I can't imagine a Minneapolis kid picking IU over MN based on the current state of those programs. I think it would take a successful blue blood to jump to the lead.

• Useful
Reactions: LittleCy

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I wonder what the current list is of guys ISU is actively recruiting for the 2018 class? With all the focus on finishing this year there has been very little news about 2018.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
And given we are in the lead ahead of Minnesota right now, I don't think Indiana makes much of a splash.

Don't shoot the messenger, but a poster here (with a source) recently stated that we are not in the lead, Minnesota is. Have no idea if that's the case.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Don't shoot the messenger, but a poster here (with a source) recently stated that we are not in the lead, Minnesota is. Have no idea if that's the case.
I posted, as well, about how I sit across from a guy at work whos son is friends with Race. So I assumed nothing had changed but IDK, maybe it has changed in the past 2-3 weeks.

I do know we were in the lead before Prohm went up to visit him the other week.

Last edited:

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I posted as well about how I sit across from a guy at work whos son is friends with Race. so I assumed nothing had changed but IDK, maybe it has changed in the past 2-3 weeks. I do know we were in the lead before Prohm went up to visit him the other week.
My son's 14U travelling baseball team beat Race's school's 14U team by a score of 8-1 last night. I hope that doesn't jeopardize our chances.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
My son's 14U travelling baseball team beat Race's school's 14U team by a score of 8-1 last night. I hope that doesn't jeopardize our chances.
Why would that hurt our chances, aren't you in Minnesota? Also, your son's team better stop travelling, that's illegal in basketball, so I'd assume it's illegal in baseball as well

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron