SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
It makes sense to show the finish, but:

1) why not split the screen?
2) why, when Kansas is up 5 and has the ball with very little time left
did ESPN continue to show the Kansas game only
3) Why AFTER the Kansas game is OVER did ESPN continue with footage and commentary from that game?

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
That was pretty bad. On dish we also have alternative channels to show multiple things like this. When I flipped to that, big surprise, Kansas. I understand their desire to show that game, but they didn't need to devote multiple channels to it.

CB21

Mar 13, 2009
Sioux Falls
No that would be if they quit showing real sports and only showed "reality" sports shows. I was ****** that they went to commercial after the Cornell game was over, and I missed Dendy's dunk.

Kind of like Sports Nation? The hell is that show? A joke. I obviously understand why they went to the Kansas game.

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
AMERICA WOULD RATHER SEE ISU LOSE BY 20 THAN THE #1 TEAM LOSE ON THEIR HOME COURT TO CINDERELLA!!!!

Why can't ESPN understand this?

Your fans would have freaked too if it was other way around, ****head. Iowa State game was on ESPN2 tonight, not your schools.

**** you ESPN

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
It smarts even more that ISU was down big to Duke at the time, but we'd have more reason to complain if the game were close or ISU was mounting a comeback at the time. It was still a poor decision by whoever was at the controls at ESPN. Imagine if a Kansas game on ESPN were pre-empted by the Cyclone Television Network showing a close game between ISU and some top ranked team on the road. KU fans would have crapped their collective pants.

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
The switch to KU irritated me since, I believe, this will be ISU's only appearance on ESPN/ESPN2 this year.

But come on, they made a business decision that they thought more people would be interested in Cornell possibly beating KU at home (#1 team with a 50+ home court streak) than would be interested in seeing Duke drub ISU. I think they were correct.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Was absolute crap that they didn't give an alternate option for viewing the ISU game. They have a host of friggin channels to do this OR they could have split screen.

ESPN can bite me.

cy2win

May 15, 2006
FWIW, ESPN just used coach Rhoads' Nebraska post game locker room speech as one of its CFB images of the Decade.