*** Official Iowa State Season Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Going to just post this and if people use it that's great or if someone else feels like doing the daily game threads going forward and not use this that's fine too.

I know many of here know of my recent hell with covid19 but for those that missed out I was hospitalized due to covid for 5 days Jan. 13-18. It's been hell. So this thread will be the last basketball one I do this year.

Tom Buch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2020
Going to just post this and if people use it that's great or if someone else feels like doing the daily game threads going forward and not use this that's fine too.

I know many of here know of my recent hell with covid19 but for those that missed out I was hospitalized due to covid for 5 days Jan. 13-18. It's been hell. So this thread will be the last basketball one I do this year.
Get well!

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007

You cannot be replaced, haha. Seriously (although I wasn't really joking), hope you get completely well and soon!

Since you've opened this thread, please let us know how you and your family are doing in a few weeks.

Last edited:

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
Even in a season like this one, I look forward to the gameday threads. So sorry to hear your news Ruizz. Get well!

• Friendly
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

Jdk

Feb 27, 2019
So sorry to read about your bout with COVID I always look forward to your game day thread but the most important thing is for you to get back to 100% healthy my thoughts and prayers are with you take care Rulzzz!!

• Friendly

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
So Sorry, Cyclone Rulzzz to hear about your bout with Covid19. I know full well just how dangerous this CoronaVirus can be, because my nephew got Covid19 and was on the Ventilator for a long time and then was sent to a nursing home where he died two weeks later at the age of 52....

Take Care My Friend and make a Full Recovery we need you on Cyclone Fanatic.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Anyone seen status on Cade Cunningham for tonight?
Last I saw on Saturday was he was not expected to play, and hinted it would be multiple more games but nothing official. Considering he's likely the #1 pick I would assume OSU is going to be very causious bringing him back (if he doesn't just decide to just opt out). I was looking forward to seeing ISU vs CC.

Sorry to hear about CycloneRulzzz Covid situation, get well soon. We'll need you ready to post the game threads next year.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Continue the restful recovery Rulzzz!

Probably just as well this year since any game thread turns into every other thread having to do with ISU bball.

• Friendly

Tlyon

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 26, 2017
Get well soon! I know we’re all hoping for a speedy recovery for you!

Any guesses as to what the starting lineup might tonight?

• Friendly

IP Guy

Jun 16, 2007
Get healthy Rulzzz!

I know I probably am in the minority here, but I have missed the privilege of watching ISU play the last two weeks. Yeah, I realize they are likely to lose almost every game this year, but I am still an ISU homer through and through. So, I just enjoy watching, hoping and often being disappointed. Glad that is an option again!

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
I kinda assumed Iowa State would be without some players tonight due to COVID but the same starting lineup is listed under “possible starting lineup” and I know the 3 freshman + Tyler Harris are able to play so we must be anticipating everyone will play.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I kinda assumed Iowa State would be without some players tonight due to COVID but the same starting lineup is listed under “possible starting lineup” and I know the 3 freshman + Tyler Harris are able to play so we must be anticipating everyone will play.

I doubt it considering Prohm said he expects walkons to have to play extended minutes.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009

I think there is some trickery going on with our possible starting lineup.

Reactions: 67CY