*** Official Iowa State Season Thread ***

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I have the same feelings, but what I'm now most angry about is what could have been with the teams he inherited from Hoiberg. We now know how bad he is. A good coach could have taken those Monte teams to much greater heights.

I actually appreciated how Solo came along in 16-17 and really played a nice role in the win at KU etc. but that team just needed a rim runner type to grad transfer in and go crazy, and there had to be someone out there that would have jumped at it.

• Agree
Reactions: DurangoCy

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
You really think he will leave millions of dollars on the table? He would be dumb to do that.

I mean I know nothing but even if it's the same dollars it could be simply making it payable over time instead of within 30 days.

Reactions: Drew0311

acody

Nov 25, 2006
Pittsburgh is referenced above, and after a horrible year with Kevin Stallings when they finished defeated in the ACC they are on a slow but sure road back to respectability with Jeff Capel. ISU still has a solid pedigree, plays in a top conference, has a passionate fanbase, and Hilton Magic is dormant for now but can be re-ignited with the right hire. Remember, it was just two years ago when we won the Big 12 tournament and had a top 6 seed in the NCAA tournament. The last two seasons have been frightfully awful, but the program still has a lot of potential.

Disagree. I do not see a lot of potential. Google Geico Pinocchio commercial.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Oh boy if that happened and ISU won a game.
That’s why he’ll coach lol. Jamie won’t allow an assistant to coach and win and make Steve look like an idiot. He already does that to himself.

psychlone99

Apr 6, 2006
psychlone99.wordpress.com
I think there’s a chance it happens tomorrow. I think it’s more than likely it’s announced a few days after they lose to OU on Wednesday.
You may very well be right, but I'm struggling to understand why JP would wait that long. What purpose does it serve to delay the inevitable? That's an honest question. There may be a reason that makes logistical/administrative/strategic sense, but I'm not seeing it.

I think you either do it tomorrow/Monday or immediately after they exit KC.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
I have the same feelings, but what I'm now most angry about is what could have been with the teams he inherited from Hoiberg. We now know how bad he is. A good coach could have taken those Monte teams to much greater heights.
Also don’t forget, his really good Murray State teams were with Billy Kennedy recruits as well.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You may very well be right, but I'm struggling to understand why JP would wait that long. What purpose does it serve to delay the inevitable? That's an honest question. There may be a reason that makes logistical/administrative/strategic sense, but I'm not seeing it.

I think you either do it tomorrow/Monday or immediately after they exit KC.
I think you want until the team gets back from KC because it could be seen as unprofessional if they’re on the bus or in the hotel when it’d happen lol.