*** Official Iowa State Season Thread ***

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I suppose that's fair. Although, you could inform Steve on the timing, and allow him time to address his team before they see it on Twitter or something.
Oh Steve is well aware of what’s going on lol. There’s no doubt that the conversation has already happened despite him trying to play dumb about it in his post game press conferences.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Not his best game by any stretch. He is one of the guys I'd like back next year though
Remember how bad D-Jack was at over dribbling and making dumb decisions when he had the ball in his hands too much? Yeah, Harris is the exact same. His role of being a fire ball off the bench would be perfect. Any more than that and he becomes too much.

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
I think you want until the team gets back from KC because it could be seen as unprofessional if they’re on the bus or in the hotel when it’d happen lol.
Let one of the assistants close this thing out. This is historically bad. Never has a firing been more justified. ISU could potentially sue Prohm for lack of performance under his contract. They won't and shouldn't, but it's not as crazy as it sounds.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Let one of the assistants close this thing out. This is historically bad. Never has a firing been more justified. ISU could potentially sue Prohm for lack of performance under his contract. They won't and shouldn't, but it's not as crazy as it sounds.
I don’t believe you can sue for a coach not doing well. But Jamie won’t allow that to happen because of a lot of reasons. Imagine if the assistant would win lol. Steve’s entire head coaching career would be over.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I’m just not sure Prohm thought this team was going to fit together, you got no point guard, no shooters, yet he wants to play 4 guards

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Remember how bad D-Jack was at over dribbling and making dumb decisions when he had the ball in his hands too much? Yeah, Harris is the exact same. His role of being a fire ball off the bench would be perfect. Any more than that and he becomes too much.

Or there could be a general idea coached into players to get rid of it if it's not there and keep the ball moving through the air since that's harder for a defense to recover.

But alas, here we are.

• Winner
Reactions: Statefan10

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Tre looked like he was about to cry in that huddle
I like Tre. Not sure if he has any kind of ceiling you want him to have at the P6 level though, unfortunately. Could be useful in a system that uses a lot of guards, similar to Huggy ball

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I don't mean this to disrespect Nate Jenkins...but the amount of tight game situations I have seen him play just shows how poor our recruiting has been the last few years. Nate is a good guy and he should get minutes for a team in the MVC, not ISU. Embarrassing really that that is where we are at. I like Prohm as a person, I really do and I wanted him to succeed at ISU and I will root for him to win at his next stop, but man we need some players.
I think Prohm puts him in to foul in late game situations. He's a heady player too, more so than Dubar, Blackwell etc

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I agree. He'll demand the money because he won't coach a college, any college team again.

oh yes he will. He will get a job at an American east type school. Throw out the last two years and his resume is good. He has several NBA players. Jamie will vouch for him. He will either get a high profile assistant job or get a small mid major job.

Reactions: CascadeClone

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
So, can we fire him already? What is the point in keeping him for the Big 12 tourney? I guess it is just one game.

BTW, I tried to talk to Prohm at one of the tailgate events and he came off as a bit of an ass, kind of annoyed that he had to talk to a fan, so the nice guy thing doesn't work for me.
He can gtfo now

Reactions: Hoggins

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron