***Official NBA Playoffs Thread***

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Fred came across as pretty unhappy in his post game comments. Complained about people travelling in the NBA, wow there's a shocker:rolleyes:.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Fred came across as pretty unhappy in his post game comments. Complained about people travelling in the NBA, wow there's a shocker:rolleyes:.
Yeah, he came off kind of petty. Plus targeting Thomas right now is a no-win situation because of what he's going through.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Yeah, he came off kind of petty. Plus targeting Thomas right now is a no-win situation because of what he's going through.

1. Hoiberg is 100% right, Thomas has a horrible dribble and it's traveling. I've noticed it several times this series, and it's bad if I'm noticing it.

2. Hoiberg saying he's impossible to guard because of this is just dumb. How does that make someone impossible to guard? Obviously Fred is frustrated that the refs refuse to call this. Now that Fred has called it out, it will be interesting to see what happens.

3. Thomas says he has dribbled this way his whole life? I used to get called for dribbling like that in junior high? How in God's name has he got away with doing this for so long?

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

I didn't think much of it. It's a playoff tradition. Coaches pick out something - foul disparity, traveling, overly physical play, whatever - and bring it up after a loss. He's just fishing. If the refs don't react, no big deal. And if they start calling it and give the Bulls a couple extra possessions, then it's a win for Fred.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

CurvedAir

Sep 30, 2012
Kansas City
1. Hoiberg is 100% right, Thomas has a horrible dribble and it's traveling. I've noticed it several times this series, and it's bad if I'm noticing it.

2. Hoiberg saying he's impossible to guard because of this is just dumb. How does that make someone impossible to guard? Obviously Fred is frustrated that the refs refuse to call this. Now that Fred has called it out, it will be interesting to see what happens.

3. Thomas says he has dribbled this way his whole life? I used to get called for dribbling like that in junior high? How in God's name has he got away with doing this for so long?

His injured point guard might be the worst at this in the NBA. I don't remember Stevens whining about it.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Color me not surprised. OKC just isn't on the same level as Houston right now.

Yeah, it wasn't tough to see how that would play out. Still an MVP caliber season for Russ. Presti has a tough job this offseason trying to improve the team. I guess I'd let Kanter go, bring back Adams, try to surround Russ with some knockdown shooters for a drive and kick offense, and bring in a capable backup PG who can facilitate the offense when Russ needs a blow.

• Agree
Reactions: JHUNSY

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
Hack-a-Rajon? Maybe the Celts put him on the line early, see if that thumb allows him to knock anything down. He's a lousy free throw shooter anyway.
Yeah, I'm honestly not sure how realistic it is for the Bulls to get Rajon in that soon. Make no mistake, they definitely could use him on the floor, but like you said, I'm not sure how effective he'll be on that quick of a turnaround.

I'd think it's more likely he waits until game 6 and he'd be a go if they aren't able to pick up game 5 tonight.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Yeah, I'm honestly not sure how realistic it is for the Bulls to get Rajon in that soon. Make no mistake, they definitely could use him on the floor, but like you said, I'm not sure how effective he'll be on that quick of a turnaround.

I'd think it's more likely he waits until game 6 and he'd be a go if they aren't able to pick up game 5 tonight.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19247531/chicago-bulls-rajon-rondo-not-ready-return-injury-game-5

Smart move by the Bulls. It's one thing to play through the pain. If he can't be effective then there's no point in trying to rush back.

Hoiberg is planning on giving Isaiah Canaan his first start of the season at PG instead. I guess he can't be any worse than MCW or Jerian Grant.

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
This Bulls-Celtics game has been tough to watch.

I've really tried to watch games through out this season and have been catching most of the playoffs so far, but every game reminds me again why I HATE nba games. Biggest gripe is the total disregard for the rules of the game and the refs just sit there and watch 'cause heaven forbid they actually enforce the basic rules of the game (like traveling). That and the seemingly random foul calls just make it unenjoyable to watch.

SwirlyBird

Aug 2, 2015
I've really tried to watch games through out this season and have been catching most of the playoffs so far, but every game reminds me again why I HATE nba games. Biggest gripe is the total disregard for the rules of the game and the refs just sit there and watch 'cause heaven forbid they actually enforce the basic rules of the game (like traveling). That and the seemingly random foul calls just make it unenjoyable to watch.
nice copy pasta for those nba haters right here

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
nice copy pasta for those nba haters right here

I know it sounds that way, but I really have tried this year. I want to like pro basketball, it just isn't happening. Oh well, I'll leave the NBA posts to you guys now :)