*Official signees stats thread*

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Shows 57 of 94 on threes for 60%. That is great if correct. Had no idea he was that good of a shooter. Now if I only new the other two signees stats. Didn't think Lindell was shooting a high 3 pointer percentage early on.

I think his best attribute is his shooting. Seems like he could be a Will Clyburn type of player. His shot is quick, compact and smooth.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
It really is difficult to predict exactly how next years team will end up. Texas was predicted to finish 3rd in the league by the coaches due to talent and obviously didn't meet those expectations. Meanwhile OSU TCU and TT all hired new coaches integrated a system and were are in or on the bubble most of the year.

I like the fact a number of younger players have been earning more minutes as the season progressed. Jackson, Young, and Weller-Babb have flashed in limited minutes no reason to think they won't improve with a summer and larger roles. As posters have mentioned there will be additions to the roster after the season.

We have been here before specially after the Clyburn and Babb's NCAA Tourney Team. That year Fred had Niang and Naz returning and a lot of unkowns to integrate including talented freshman (Morris, Thomas) late grad transfer (Kane) and JuCo (Hogue). Many predicting no NCAA tourney going into the season that year too.

I am not saying we should expect that type of success as Prohm is a different coach but I don't want to dismiss another tourney team as unlikely either. Next years team will talent.

They also had Melvin Ejim back for that year. So that was a huge piece coming back for that team.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Saw this post on Twitter. I think Darius may surprise some people next year. He may be more of a true PG than LW and DJ. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. Even though we may be young, we have the potential to be really quick in the back court.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Saw this post on Twitter. I think Darius may surprise some people next year. He may be more of a true PG than LW and DJ. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. Even though we may be young, we have the potential to be really quick in the back court.

Oh we will be quick in the back court, there is no if, ands, or buts about it.

Cynonymous

Aug 14, 2015

Every clip I see of the kid, he impresses me with those handles. I'm quite excited to see how he develops once he arrives.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011

He missed the dunk at 35 seconds. Scholarship rescinded.

OPButtrey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 21, 2010
Is Lewis a candidate for mr basketball?

From http://www.wissports.net/news_article/show/737149?referrer_id=519407 :

Terrence Lewis, 6-6, Sr., Milwaukee Riverside -- Along with Kobe King, Lewis is the top candidate to win the Mr. Basketball award. A smooth, relentless, athletic wing player who signed with Iowa State last fall, Lewis can score from deep, in transition, off of offensive rebounds and off of strong moves to the basket. The son of Riverside coach Tyrone (Rock) Lewis, Terrence Lewis has improved each and every year of his four-year varsity career.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I disagree with Babb. He seems to have good handle when he's got momentum flying up the court, but pretty skiddish when facing a double team or high pressure D

My guess is it's a committee approach with Lindell, D Jack, Darius, and Babb
Of course he does, the boy hasn't played much since 2014. It's going to be a struggle for all of them at first.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Wigginton with just another day stat line..

@PrepCircut No. 14 Oak Hill (VA) G Lindell Wigginton (@LWigginton5): 17 PTS, 5 REB, 4 AST, 2 STL in a win vs York @OHACoachSmith prepcircuit.com/game/show/1500…

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

Prohm pulled the trigger on that guy early, so he must have really liked what he saw in him. From that video, I think I can see it too.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Note that this year's 3 point shooting isn't some kind of fluke. He's shooting 60% this year but he shot over 50% last year as well (.521) with 63 makes.
Thank you for the info.

He looks like he's got very good size and length with his high skill level. I can see the Clyburn comparisons. I wonder if he grows a little more. At the least he has the body to really fill out.

A coaches son, too. I like the fact that his steady improvement each year is often mentioned in his recruiting profile. Basketball is important to him. A lot to like, including the intangibles that have made this program very successful the past 6 years.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Just keep thinking these three plus Lard who was the best player out of Louisiana followed by Thompson in 2018 and we are scary good for a long time.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Note that this year's 3 point shooting isn't some kind of fluke. He's shooting 60% this year but he shot over 50% last year as well (.521) with 63 makes.

IIRC, after he signed, Prohm's first comment was "He's a guy that can really shoot the ball."

• Funny
Reactions: CYCLNST8

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

I'm excited about Darius, but I think he's gonna need more of an adjustment to B12 ball. Lots of guys look like true PGs until they actually face B12 level defense.

• Agree
Reactions: Cydkar

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011

Elite speed.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Just keep thinking these three plus Lard who was the best player out of Louisiana followed by Thompson in 2018 and we are scary good for a long time.
Let's add Moss to that group and a couple high level transfers to that group, too! And Young is just a freshman. We're almost to ensuring another 6-year run of great Cyclone basketball. Just need to add a few more guys in the next couple classes like the ones we've signed.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron