*Official signees stats thread*

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I did find that he lost out on Mr. Basketball to a point guard going to Wisconsin who plays in the conference where Scott Christopherson played
Is it Kobe King? We recruited him and he doesn't suck.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
*Creepy post alert*

I took the time to find some highlights of Darius McNeill and I put them together in a little highlight film. (I say creepy post alert because I'm sure someone will call me creepy for sending it to him so I might as well make fun of myself before someone else can lol)

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
What's his 3 point %? Dude reminds me of Chris Babb just draining all those deep 3's sprinkled in with a few dunks. Now if he can just defend like Babb...

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
*Creepy post alert*

I took the time to find some highlights of Darius McNeill and I put them together in a little highlight film. (I say creepy post alert because I'm sure someone will call me creepy for sending it to him so I might as well make fun of myself before someone else can lol)

One thing I've noticed watching highlight videos over the years is there's something to be said about shooters that hit net more often than hitting rim. Generally, the former go on to have better shooting percentages in college the latter. Seems kinda like "duh", but it's maybe a detail that gets overlooked.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
*Creepy post alert*

I took the time to find some highlights of Darius McNeill and I put them together in a little highlight film. (I say creepy post alert because I'm sure someone will call me creepy for sending it to him so I might as well make fun of myself before someone else can
Thanks, Thompson. Nice work.

I don't know anything other than his highlight video looks great.

Reactions: Thompsonclone

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
One thing I've noticed watching highlight videos over the years is there's something to be said about shooters that hit net more often than hitting rim. Generally, the former go on to have better shooting percentages in college the latter. Seems kinda like "duh", but it's maybe a detail that gets overlooked.

Agree, I've noted the same thing, along with a higher arc on the shot. Very encouraging video, hope he's working on increasing his strength so he can contribute right away.

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
I think McNeill could be a real steal for us. He seems to have all the attributes you want in a PG.

His potential is off the charts. Extremely quick, great length for a combo guard, plus athleticism and bounce. Quick release. Keep getting stronger sky is the limit. Reminds me a bit of the Fox kid from Kentucky.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
His potential is off the charts. Extremely quick, great length for a combo guard, plus athleticism and bounce. Quick release. Keep getting stronger sky is the limit. Reminds me a bit of the Fox kid from Kentucky.
I like the D'Aaron Fox comparison. I know people have said this before, his really really reminds me of Russel Westbrooks. Now, I am not saying he is Russel 2.0, but the way he plays fast and ferocious, while still seemingly undercontrol, is amazing. He also had a really good guard on his HS team with him(4* Jase Febres going to Texas), so playing with a good shooting guard has probably helped in his advancement in bball IQ, assuming hFebres wasn't a huge ball hog (didn't seem to be).

He gets the ball and takes off, which is a tempo I like out of my PG/SG. He has the ability to hold it up and slow it down into a half-court offense, but seems to want to get to the rack as often as possible, which in HS it seemed like he could regularly. His pace of play and his athleticism is what stand out to me, but I think his bball IQ as much as his body/strength are the huge keys to success for him, IMO.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclonefam

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
He reminds me position/role wise of Hollis Price from OU in the early 2000s. Maybe it's the slight build right now, as McNeil seems a little longer and more athletic. I'd take a Hollis type to team with Wigginton. That guy was smooth.

Last edited:

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Has anybody asked Prohm about all the lefties he recruits? Just interesting because i don't think I have ever seen that many targets be lefties.

dbronco7sc

Mar 25, 2006
Brookings, SD
Visit site
Lewis seems to have the tools to have a great career here! Good size for the Big 12 and can get out front for a fast break and finish. Assuming he puts in the work like our guys typically do... he's got a high ceiling and it's going to be some great basketball! I even sense a little bit of that hard nosed physical play that Stinson brought (at least from the video). I'm excited!

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneBBFan