*** Official WWE Payback / Backlash Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Overall outside of Charlotte, Owens and Zayn the raw additions are a joke. Rusev doesn't excite me at all. Figure we would get 1 team between the club and the certified G's - although Enzo is starting to wear on me now.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Overall outside of Charlotte, Owens and Zayn the raw additions are a joke. Rusev doesn't excite me at all. Figure we would get 1 team between the club and the certified G's - although Enzo is starting to wear on me now.

I for the most part agree, however, if you follow Rusev on Twitter (or - gasp - watch him on Total Divas), he's actually extremely entertaining. Unfortunately, Vince has him extremely pigeon-holed into that "I'm a boring, no-personality foreigner". If they just let him be himself he'd be awesome.

And New Day is now SmackDown.

cyclonenation5

Jul 12, 2013
Ames
I feel like I'm in a very small minority that doesn't like Sami Zayn. The whole "little underdog against the world" thing just annoys me.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I feel like I'm in a very small minority that doesn't like Sami Zayn. The whole "little underdog against the world" thing just annoys me.

Hey, to each their own. What annoys the hell out of me is how awfully Vince books so much of his talent, including Sami Zayn, especially when compared to how well they were booked on NXT. On NXT he was an underdog you could get behind because he wasn't treated like a joke. The way he's been booked on the main roster, I can see why you wouldn't be impressed.

cyclonenation5

Jul 12, 2013
Ames
Hey, to each their own. What annoys the hell out of me is how awfully Vince books so much of his talent, including Sami Zayn, especially when compared to how well they were booked on NXT. On NXT he was an underdog you could get behind because he wasn't treated like a joke. The way he's been booked on the main roster, I can see why you wouldn't be impressed.

Fair enough. I do need to start watching NXT. I got WWE Network recently but have spent most of my time watching the originals and collections, like the Monday Night Wars. Maybe I'll check it out tomorrow.

I'm assuming it will be a little weaker than usual though, since it seems like they just called up a bunch of NXT guys post-WrestleMania.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Fair enough. I do need to start watching NXT. I got WWE Network recently but have spent most of my time watching the originals and collections, like the Monday Night Wars. Maybe I'll check it out tomorrow.

I'm assuming it will be a little weaker than usual though, since it seems like they just called up a bunch of NXT guys post-WrestleMania.

Yeah.

I'd go back and start from the beginning, though - back when Seth Rollins, Big E, Corey Graves, and Paige were the big names of NXT. They recently uploaded the entire collection before they started airing weekly on the Network.

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
I know Lana is appearing as face on SD but can't help to think that the reason why two heels showed up in the Women's segment was because they're putting Paige on SD since she's supposedly coming back later this summer

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Dean Ambrose and Renee Young secretly got married behind our backs.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...fear-fan-backlash-talking-smack-smackdown-raw

If you were paying attention to Ambrose's left hand on Raw, he was apparently wearing a ring (I didn't notice). If you were paying attention to Talking Smack last night, apparently Renee kept hiding the big rock on her left hand (I was watching on my phone at work so no chance I saw that), plus that was the "news" Dolph Ziggler and Kevin Owens kept referring to.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
What is this thing where lately WWE is having people win in their home towns? Alexa Bliss just won #1 contender in a Fatal 4-Way in Columbus.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Looks like they cleared Balor to compete - that shot he took from Jinder Mahal's elbow last week (where he dropped like he had his lights knocked out) concussed him, but obviously he's ok.