*** Official WWE Payback / Backlash Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
**** totally forget SD is on Tues. Watching playoffs and then come to CF and see this thread. Hopefully I don't forget SD next week as it is live from DM. ;)

I bought a floor seat for it. Should be a fun show

I swear, one of these days I'm going to catch one of the shows in Detroit, especially now that Joe Louis Arena is going away and Little Caesars Arena is opening later this summer (it's in a MUCH better location - near Comerica Park, which is real easy to get to).

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
Radio ad is saying we're getting a double dark main event Styles vs Orton for the World title and Owens vs Zayn for the US title.

Naomi also advertised.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
The reason why Jinder Mahal is being pushed:

2017-04-21-vein-eventer-2.jpg

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

The thing I'm looking forward to most about this match? It's totally not going to go the way Vince wants it to go. He's hoping for another feud similar to the Strowman-Zayn feud, where Strowman MDKs Kalisto, gaining him all kinds of heel heat so he can get the crowd sympathetic to Reigns. It's not going to work for two reasons:

1. Strowman-Zayn wasn't nearly about getting Strowman over as a monster - he already was. This was about Zayn being built as an underdog main eventer, but Foley screwed it up for Zayn by blowing his own part of the story and it had the unintended consequence of Strowman starting to get over.

2. Vince thinks the crowd sees Kalisto as a sympathetic babyface and will turn on Strowman if he MDKs him. Here's the problem - we ordinarily would have gotten behind Kalsito that way, but Kalisto has been so mishandled since being promoted to the main roster, especially since the brand split, that nobody's going to feel sympathy for him. The crowd loves to get behind a babyface that got murdered by a monster, but when getting murdered is the summary of Kalisto's year since dropping the US belt last year, nobody is going to care. But the biggest reason why this is going to backfire is because everyone already knows where this is heading - make Roman look strong. Instead, the end result is Strowman is just going to get more over when he unceremonially tosses Kalisto into the dumpster tonight.

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
It so annoying that Sasha comes out every time bayley has a one on one with someone. She is making Bayley's character so weak.

• Agree
Reactions: Macloney

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Just got home. Decent show but would of liked to have seen more. No Becky at the end was really disappointing. At least those in the arena got to see Nakamura in action as he and Dolph were the dark match after 205 live.

Surprised how many people left after smackdown ended. Yes 205 kind of blows but they announced after SD the Nakamura Ziggler match so you think people would want to see that.

Would of liked an in ring bit with either Shane or DB but especially Shane. Last time I saw him live was in 99 at Hilton when he helped HHH become WWE (then WWF) champ for the first time.

I didn't think it could get as bad as Jinder being the #1 contender for WWE title but now the two rejects from the Village people are tag team #1 contenders. WTF? Still can't get over that Jinder is the wwe champ #1 contender. That would be like Al Snow being a #1 contender back in the attitude era.

Regarding 205 Live as this was my first time seeing it, I can't believe they are doing a "No Fly Zone" gimmick regarding a wrestler with a foreign sounding name. JFC WWE?!

Lastly after tonight the nakamura theme will be in my head for a few days. During the start of his match with Dolph the crowd was singing it without the music which was hard for me to do but played off others who had a better grasp.

• Agree
Reactions: cycloner29

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
If you were at the show, I was in the section that kept yelling ten after every 2 count. Section 1 by the ramp (left side on TV)

It got really funny when Neville climbed on the ropes and told us to shut up. So I called him an Elf, the whole section lost it. Dunno if he actually heard it though.

Also WHERE THE HELL WAS BECKY DAMMIT

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
If you were at the show, I was in the section that kept yelling ten after every 2 count. Section 1 by the ramp (left side on TV)

It got really funny when Neville climbed on the ropes and told us to shut up. So I called him an Elf, the whole section lost it. Dunno if he actually heard it though.

Also WHERE THE HELL WAS BECKY DAMMIT

You were very audible. :) I was in the lower side section opposite of your section. The group behind me kept remarking about your group throughout the night. They wished they were closer to those fans. I wish you could find out about your seat mates before the show. I went by myself and am a large guy. I had large guys on each side of me so the entire night I felt like a sardine.

After thinking about it more that opening promo with Ziggler comparing SN to michael jackson was stupid because if he "was mj" he would be dead.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Vegas has Jericho winning tonight. I'm guessing this means Owens is getting himself DQed, and then post match Owens "writes" Jericho off TV.