Officials - ISU needs help

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

broncocy5321

Dec 1, 2009
Clive
Last night I watched the game and 3 times we didn't get the calls from the officials.
Lucca had a foul - I dont think he even touched the player for a 3 point play. Over the back and simple touch fouls - those should not be called at HOME - thats what gave ISU HOME COURT ADVANTAGE. During the 90's we always had an advantage at home - getting to the foul line - simple fouls not be called.
Ever time we hit a big shot to close the gap - Texas came back and scored or was fouled - got the crowd out of it quick.
For Hilton Magic to come back - we need some assistance from the officials. Maybe Floyd and Eustachy showed officials up and they got the calls.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I actually thought there were a number of calls against Texas that would never have been called anywhere else but at Hilton.

As much as we were swatting at their shots, we were lucky we weren't caused for several more fouls.

Reactions: CyGuy33

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Let's not kid ourselves... there were a few no-calls that worked in our favor as well.

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
The officiating last night wasn't great, but what lost us the game was our inability to hit baskets in the 2nd half. I think depth really showed last night.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
WHo was it that got drivin out of bounds on the rebound. Litterly airborn. Mac freaked out on the officials. Worst no call in a long time.
Overall I did not think it was that bad.

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
Wasn't ISU in the bonus half way through the 2nd half? I don't think Texas was any more physical than ISU, yet some are complaining of fouls.

Maybe we really are the boo-birds.

Cyclone1985

Nov 18, 2008
Grimes
WHo was it that got drivin out of bounds on the rebound. Litterly airborn. Mac freaked out on the officials. Worst no call in a long time.
Overall I did not think it was that bad.

Gilstrap. It was an air ball that he caught right by the rim and tried laying it in, but was being shoved out of bounds as he shot.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Gilstrap. It was an air ball that he caught right by the rim and tried laying it in, but was being shoved out of bounds as he shot.

That was the most blatent no-call of the night. However, IMO the officials missed several calls on both teams. We got away with a lot of contact on Pittman.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
That was the most blatent no-call of the night. However, IMO the officials missed several calls on both teams. We got away with a lot of contact on Pittman.

Yeah, there was one late where Pittman was mobbed, and it looked like Buckley fouled him on purpose, and they called a travel. That seemed like a bad call the other way.

The Gilstrap non-call was horrendous, and the goaltending on Brackins' shot looked obvious to me too.

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
the main thing that erked me was the goaltending calls that were not called.. there was at least 3 shots that got "blocked" that were on the way down

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
There was not a huge issue with the refs. Hell ISU was going to the line with about 10 mins left in the game. Sure past teams went to the line more but they were more physical and able to draw contact down low. CB makes his shots without drawing contact a lot. Dendy and Gil do draw contact some.

bigcyfan82

Aug 30, 2008
Des Moines
I'm not so upset the the foul calls, but what really makes me upset were the 2 goal tends that they missed in the first half. Those 4 points would have really turned around the outcome of the last 5 minutes or so.

Oh, and I almost forgot...Pittman pitched a tent in the lane on almost every possession. It's almost like they forgot 3 seconds was a rule in college basketball.