Omaha sports radio on NU transfers

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
Their packed gym attendance included a new arena. Now you could swing a dead cat and not hit anybody. City of Lincoln built both the arena and baseball field. So muck for spending all that BIG Ten money.

And on the point of the city of Lincoln spending all that money, looks like a pretty good win/win. The city is making a ton of money off of it and the school's athletic programs get to keep all of the BTN cash for other things that help the athletic department.

http://journalstar.com/news/local/g...cle_42eff330-9f87-5935-8b2e-43213a74f271.html

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Before the new arena NU was typically not in the top-40 for attendance, sometimes with paid bring less than 9k. And that's not butts in the seats...do they still get people buying them to gain better access to their dying football program?

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I haven't watched Nebrasketball since they left the conference. Is that tickets sold or butts in the seats?
It's sold. Those are the same numbers that say a half empty Carver is still harboring 1,000 more viewers than a packed Hilton. The way attendance is officially determined is a joke.

• Informative
Reactions: cyhiphopp and ca4cy

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Miles got another year I think because Riley got another year, if Riley flops the AD is gone with him and miles most likely. New AD gets to hire both jobs.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I put a curse on their basketball team decades ago when they had a scrub off the bench pick a fight with Jeff Grayer that got them both tossed in Lincoln. Curse is in effect as long as I am alive since I still have not forgiven them that ****** move.
As I remember their guy (Chris Logan) was about to sucker punch an ISU player from behind so Grayer stepped in and layed him out.

When Johnny was asked about it after the game he said something to the effect that you try to tell your guys not to do it (get involved) but when it comes right down to it you don't want to play with a guy who doesn't have your back like that. Great response by Johnny.

There is a blurb buried in here somewhere:
https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/224209/

Reactions: cyhiphopp

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
As I remember their guy (Chris Logan) was about to sucker punch an ISU player from behind so Grayer stepped in and layed him out.

When Johnny was asked about it after the game he said something to the effect that you try to tell your guys not to do it (get involved) but when it comes right down to it you don't want to play with a guy who doesn't have your back like that. Great response by Johnny.

There is a blurb buried in here somewhere:
https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/224209/
And wasn't it Creighton that sent out a scrub to take Grayer out that game he messed up his knee getting undercut on a dunk?

weR138

Feb 20, 2008