On to Football Season

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Where does everybody see Iowa and Iowa St. football next year now that bball and wrestling seasons are over. I think Iowa goes 10-2 with the two losses coming from any combination of Wisconsin, Michigan, Nebraska, Minnesota or Penn St. I think ISU goes 3-9 with possible wins over UNI, San Jose and Kansas.

• Optimistic
Reactions: FredCyclone

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Where does everybody see Iowa and Iowa St. football next year now that bball and wrestling seasons are over. I think Iowa goes 10-2 with the two losses coming from any combination of Wisconsin, Michigan, Nebraska, Minnesota or Penn St. I think ISU goes 3-9 with possible wins over UNI, San Jose and Kansas.

Pretty ballsy just writing ISU off in the Iowa game as if you dominate that series or something.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Wisconsin, Michigan, Nebraska!, Minnesota!, and Penn St! are your toughest games? Iowa should go 12-0, make the CFP, then get blown out 84-3 by a real team.

Iowa State will get 3 or 4 wins.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
I think ISU will play Iowa close as usual. Maybe even win. I think Iowa will play a bunch of garbage teams in the big 10 and get exposed in their bowl game for the fraud they are as usual. ISU will play every team in the big 12 (unlike some of the other, lesser conferences) and probably lose to the good ones, and have a chance against the average/below average ones.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Pretty ballsy just writing ISU off in the Iowa game as if you dominate that series or something.

To be fair, it's being played in Kinnick, and it's been a really long time since Iowa lost to ISU at Kinnick... wait...

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012

Probably not completely writing them off because as an Iowa fan every game is losable. But I just think for discussion sake that Iowa will lose two games with those two games coming from those five teams. If Iowa loses to ISU, I can guarantee that they won't be going 10-2 and will be fighting to make a bowl game. Which could happen.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
ISU was the 4th best offense Iowa saw last year. Of the other 3 games, they won 2 by 8 and got Rose Bowled. Road team has won the last 4.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I think the 3-9 ISU prediction seem like an under-educated tavern-hok shoot from the hip guess. We return a ton of young talent and proven B12 talent, granted in the conference the really good teams seem to lost a lot this year and mediocre/down teams (Texas and Tech) seem to have improved a lot. K-state lost a lot from a pretty mediocre team last year. With them and Iowa as w's I see 5 wins as as a low, and a really good chance at bowl game with getting a couple more.... A lot of unknowns with the new coaching staff, OL coach Manning is known to coach up but there right now we have a lot of unproven players, especially with all the early departures and not getting that grad-transfer.

Reactions: helechopper

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Probably not completely writing them off because as an Iowa fan every game is losable. But I just think for discussion sake that Iowa will lose two games with those two games coming from those five teams. If Iowa loses to ISU, I can guarantee that they won't be going 10-2 and will be fighting to make a bowl game. Which could happen.

better Iowa teams than this one lost to ISU.

Generally speaking, there are only two constants in relation to the ISU/Iowa game

1) if the game is a blowout, ISU is almost always on the losing end
2) in seasons where ISU has lost the Iowa game, their record is usually pretty awful

other than that, it's hard to draw any conclusions from or make predictions about the Iowa-ISU game

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
ISU was the 4th best offense Iowa saw last year. Of the other 3 games, they won 2 by 8 and got Rose Bowled. Road team has won the last 4.

I forgot I was talking to a Big 12 team that doesn't care about defense. My bad.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
I think the 3-9 ISU prediction seem like an under-educated tavern-hok shoot from the hip guess. We return a ton of young talent and proven B12 talent, granted in the conference the really good teams seem to lost a lot this year and mediocre/down teams (Texas and Tech) seem to have improved a lot. K-state lost a lot from a pretty mediocre team last year. With them and Iowa as w's I see 5 wins as as a low, and a really good chance at bowl game with getting a couple more.... A lot of unknowns with the new coaching staff, OL coach Manning is known to coach up but there right now we have a lot of unproven players, especially with all the early departures and not getting that grad-transfer.

you think 5 wins is the low? With that offensive line?

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
ISU 5-7- similar to last year with one or two bounces going our way
Iowa 8-4- another cakewalk schedule but I think they have some luck go against them this year, one or two of the sub .500 teams they struggled with last year will get them, Beathard dodged some injury bullets last year, if he stays healthy, they win 10 games, I just don't see it happening. For as great as Iowa line is, he took a lot of big shots last year.