On to Football Season

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
How concerned are you about the LB's if Lanning is penciled in as the #1 right now at MLB?

I was concerned at the MLB spot before so nothing has really changed. Really hoping Harvey has a break out year because he could be a really good player

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
How concerned are you about the LB's if Lanning is penciled in as the #1 right now at MLB?

Our coaches don't seem too concerned about it because they didn't recruit the position very hard. We only brought in two true linebackers, and both were in-state high schoolers. Rather than the typical middle and two outside arrangement, our defense is evolving towards shared responsibilities with the "Star" & "Leo" hybrid positions.

This staff does have a penchant for stockpiling defensive linemen & d-backs, however.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Warren, Tucker, Lazard and Cotton-Moya all have a very good chance of earning 1st team All-Big 12 next season and all are pretty highly regarded NFL draft prospects. Then you have guys like Payne and Campos who have a good chance of earning some type of all-conference honor as well.

Wow, you really need to stop trying to evaluate college athletes, you are really bad at it. 1 out of 6 predictions in this post alone were correct. Even for baseball that is a really, rally bad average.

Last edited:

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Our coaches don't seem too concerned about it because they didn't recruit the position very hard. We only brought in two true linebackers, and both were in-state high schoolers. Rather than the typical middle and two outside arrangement, our defense is evolving towards shared responsibilities with the "Star" & "Leo" hybrid positions.

This staff does have a penchant for stockpiling defensive linemen & d-backs, however.

Good luck with your defense this year.

Aug 26, 2014
Can Lanning play OL too?
Our O-line is going to be very solid this year. They are an extremely well coached group that improved as the season went along. That was without Campos who will make the line that much better. You will find out in the Fall when we drop close to 40 on you.

• Funny
Reactions: YeahBuddy

Hawkmi1987

Jun 27, 2016
Newton, Ia
Our O-line is going to be very solid this year. They are an extremely well coached group that improved as the season went along. That was without Campos who will make the line that much better. You will find out in the Fall when we drop close to 40 on you.
rwVGW.gif

Reactions: breck53

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Yeah, when I think of programs that have no need for help along the OL and at TE, ISU immediately comes to mind.
We recruited the hell out of both for two years, filling up the spots is no issue. Last season seemed to prove that the staff is highly skilled at developing OL talent (I mean, lines are kinda Campbell's thing in football life; Toledo often had strong lines as well), so I'm honestly not too worried about it right now. I'm just hoping we have less growing pains at the beginning of the season than we did last season.

• Optimistic
Reactions: YeahBuddy