On to Football Season

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
We recruited the hell out of both for two years, filling up the spots is no issue. Last season seemed to prove that the staff is highly skilled at developing OL talent (I mean, lines are kinda Campbell's thing in football life; Toledo often had strong lines as well), so I'm honestly not too worried about it right now. I'm just hoping we have less growing pains at the beginning of the season than we did last season.

Hopefully Campbell can develop players like Iowa does. If not the #8th ranked and #7th ranked Big12 classes over the last two years isn't going to dig you out of the bottom of the Big12.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Hopefully Campbell can develop players like Iowa does. If not the #8th ranked and #7th ranked Big12 classes over the last two years isn't going to dig you out of the bottom of the Big12.
There's no doubt that your line holds up well against dominant Big 10 defensive lines, I'll give you that. I'm by no means expecting immediate results. Gradual improvement is good with me. All I want to see is continued improvement; we quietly got a lot of that last season as the year drew on, and at the same time, our general offensive production trended upward (with some other changes in style factoring in as well), with what likely would be a worse o-line than we will have now. The end of last season was a long step forward from UNI. We weren't going to come out of the gate and have a top-3 class.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Wow Daniels and King with some really impressive numbers. You guys are going to be hurting bad without them this year

Definitely going to miss King for sure. Not sure how much losing Daniels will hurt. He was a good running back for Iowa, but good running backs can be found and replaced a lot easier than a stud CB. Just have to hope AIRBHG doesn't rear its ugly head.

Reactions: HawkeyeMashup

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Definitely going to miss King for sure. Not sure how much losing Daniels will hurt. He was a good running back for Iowa, but good running backs can be found and replaced a lot easier than a stud CB. Just have to hope AIRBHG doesn't rear its ugly head.

Losing your best RB is usually going to hurt. Your secondary is going to really struggle this year too

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Losing your best RB is usually going to hurt. Your secondary is going to really struggle this year too

Well isn't anything they can do about it. Losing players to graduation is a common thing for every team and something every team deals with every year. That is the nature of college sports.

King will hurt us a lot more than Daniels.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Well isn't anything they can do about it. Losing players to graduation is a common thing for every team and something every team deals with every year. That is the nature of college sports.

King will hurt us a lot more than Daniels.

Yeah your secondary next year is going to be rough

Hawkmi1987

Jun 27, 2016
Newton, Ia
If Kirk recruited better I think I'd know some of those guys. No chance Chevin starts this year?
tumblr_moyr8b4fhd1sx4jfio1_500.gif

Reactions: CyTwins

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Iowa will be young in the secondary...depth at DLine and poor at best at WR IMO. Better hope Wadley stays healthy cause whoever is behind him is unproven..Not to mention a brand new QB..Calling it now..Wyoming over Iowa game 1. Wyoming is good and returned several stud players.

• Disagree
Reactions: YeahBuddy