Pair of former 'Clones sign as UDFAs

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Congratulations to those guys and I sure hope they make a team.

This just shows how so extremely bad ISU was under Rhoads. No recruiting and no development. No draft picks for three consecutive years. Freaking Drake had a guy drafted!

• Disagree
Reactions: isufbcurt

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
Congratulations to those guys and I sure hope they make a team.

This just shows how so extremely bad ISU was under Rhoads. No recruiting and no development. No draft picks for three consecutive years. Freaking Drake had a guy drafted!

In comparison, Toledo had three drafted [rounds 3, 4. & 7] and one free agent signee. This was more than normal for Toledo. I suspect in 3-4 years there will be on a consistent basis drafted ISU football players. If not, plenty of free agent signees. Side note, Green Bays Jayrone Elliot 2015 Toledo grad announced Green Bays pick in middle rounds. Greg Manz 2015 grad is starting center for Houston Texans. That is six guys who were all on Toledo team together. Quite the day for Toledo Football. Point is, I believe we [ISU] will have same fun in future drafts. These guys know talent and I believe develop it. I knew all these guys when signed at Toledo and am shocked some developed enough to be wearing NFL uniforms. The future will be brighter for drafted ISU grads.

Last edited:

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
In comparison, Toledo had three drafted [rounds 3, 4. & 7] and one free agent signee. This was more than normal for Toledo. I suspect in 3-4 years there will be on a consistent basis drafted ISU football players. If not, plenty of free agent signees. Side note, Green Bays Jayrone Elliot 2015 Toledo grad announced Green Bays pick in middle rounds. Greg Manz 2015 grad is starting center for Houston Texans. That is six guys who were all on Toledo team together. Quite the day for Toledo Football. Point is, I believe we [ISU] will have same fun in future drafts. These guys know talent and I believe develop it. I knew all these guys when signed at Toledo and am shocked some developed enough to be wearing NFL uniforms. The future will be brighter for drafted ISU grads.
ISU in the Rhoads era actually had a ton of players sign as UDFAs. Not many of them ended up making the final cuts though.

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
ISU in the Rhoads era actually had a ton of players sign as UDFAs. Not many of them ended up making the final cuts though.
One site said toledo currently had 14 on rosters including most recent draft. Ten of those where there when this staff was there. Also said ISU had 10. Not sure how accurate, but way to compare.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
One site said toledo currently had 14 on rosters including most recent draft. Ten of those where there when this staff was there. Also said ISU had 10. Not sure how accurate, but way to compare.
As of right now ISU probably does have about 10 but they will be lucky to have more than 2 at the start of the regular season. I'm not even sure if AJ Klein will make the Saints roster. They just drafted 2 or 3 linebackers I think.

I agree with you though, I think Campbell and Co . will start to put some Clones into the NFL.

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
As of right now ISU probably does have about 10 but they will be lucky to have more than 2 at the start of the regular season. I'm not even sure if AJ Klein will make the Saints roster. They just drafted 2 or 3 linebackers I think.

I agree with you though, I think Campbell and Co . will start to put some Clones into the NFL.

You aren't sure that somebody they signed as a free agent for 3 years and $15 million will make their roster? Seriously?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron