Pat Forde says CPR is COTY for Big 12!

superfan

Oct 8, 2006
League City, TX
First off, he said 'not a horrible'

secondly, you need to compare expectations to results. Id say at texas, with their talent alone, you'd probably put their over\under on wins at 10. 10 would be average coaching (considering the down big 12 especially). Anything less would be a disappointment, anything more would be favorable. With that, mack exceeded it by 2 games.

meanwhile, rhoads came into a program that has won an average of 2.5 games the past 2 seasons, and most media predicted we'd be somewhere near that this year. With that in mind, 6 wins exceeds that by 3 games, which is more than mack by number, and a huge amount by percentage.

I'd put Texas' O/U at higher than 10. This was a team that was about 2 inches from going to the NC game (the amount their CB needed to close his hands on the dropped INT less than a minute before Crabtree caught the winning TD), returned most of their team - including a Heisman finalist - brought in a top 5 recruiting class, and had their division take a step back (Tceh, OU, and even OSU turned out to be a paper tiger). Most of the Texas fans I know EXPECTED a National Title this year.

I understand the vote for Brown, but I still think Pelini or Rhoads did a more impressive job this year.

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
If Texas would have lost one game this year, then CPR probably wins the award. It's awfully hard to not give it to a guy who's team is undefeated and in position for the national championship game.
If CPR had won against KU, KSU or MU -- any one of those 3 --- he would have deserved it and probably won it!!