Alert: "Pink Out" on CF to honor Breast Cancer Awareness Month

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
According to the Susan G. Komen Foundation, 231,840 women will be diagnosed with an invasive form of breast cancer in the year 2015. Sadly, 40,290 women (and men too) will die from the disease during that same time.

Chances are that you, a Cyclone Fanatic reading this, has been directly impacted by breast cancer at some point in your life.
Have you lost a loved one?

Is someone you know or love fighting this awful disease right now?

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and thanks to our partnership with the Iowa Clinic Women’s Center, we’ve created a “pink outâ€￾ here at CycloneFanatic.com to honor it.

During the month of October, you will notice that the branding of Cyclone Fanatic on Facebook, Twitter and of course the site itself will be pink. This is our way of honoring those brave women who are fighting the disease and of course, those like my late Grandma Jean who lost her battle.

Honor your loved ones by sharing their courageous stories on our forum.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
This month is very special for me. My mother was diagnosed when I was a junior in high school in 98. She battled through all the treatments and so far has been cancer free for 15 years.

berther48

Jul 10, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
Both my sister and sister-in-law were diagnosed with breast cancer, breast removal, chemo treatments , and recovered, sister 7 years now , sister-in-law 4 years. No prior history of cancer in either family, get your check ups.