Players Transferring

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
I can't see anything in that picture that makes me think Grace is staying or is happy to stay.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
I saw that too - don't know what that means, but hopefully good news!
I can identify all but the two together in the front row from left Lazard, Hillegas, ?, ? and Conaway. Anyone have names for these coach or players?

From left in back row is Hillmer, Mauck, Miranda, Bailey, Harris, Petersen (nee Hockaday), Schaben and West. Note Jess with arm in sling to shore up after procedure for shoulder.

CY9008

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2010
West Des Moines, IA
I can't see anything in that picture that makes me think Grace is staying or is happy to stay.

Just being in the picture makes me question her status. The other girls that are transferring out are not there. Even if she is finishing up the Semester class wise, it's strange she would still be with the team if she is in fact transferring. But time will tell. Really hoping she stays.

gizzsdad

Mar 4, 2009
ISU, Drake and Grand View players were at Forker on Saturday to help visiting clinicians from the CP coaches clinic. Grace was present and participated. Piper also participated, though Schaben understandably did not.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
I can identify all but the two together in the front row from left Lazard, Hillegas, ?, ? and Conaway. Anyone have names for these coach or players?

From left in back row is Hillmer, Mauck, Miranda, Bailey, Harris, Petersen (nee Hockaday), Schaben and West. Note Jess with arm in sling to shore up after procedure for shoulder.

The player next to Hillegas (on our right with long blond hair) is the N. Arizona transfer Hannah Cherry. Still no idea who is next to her though.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Coach Johnson is the one that told everyone at the cyclone luncheon that Grace was leaving the team and moving to California.
Was it not mentioned they were trying to get her to stay? Considering the outcome was the opposite. I tried to pirate smiley it BTW, but technical difficulties on my end. I have no doubt you had good reason to believe she would not be here.

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
Throw in the fact a twenty somethings can change their mind 5 times in five days or 5 times in the next 5 minutes complicates things. I did at that age- I can't imagine doing it as a student athlete in a foreign country. London to Ames could not have been easy. I hope she can get good chocolate at the Mucky Duck

Attachments

• heaven bar.jpg
    heaven bar.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 2