POLL: Do you want to keep playing Iowa?

Do you want the Cy-Hawk football series to continue?

• Yes

Votes: 402 76.7%
  • No

Votes: 122 23.3%

• Total voters

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
**** 'em. This last week of them finger pointing and deflecting has soured me. They will miss us when we're gone.

• Funny
Reactions: YeahBuddy

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
Message board posters taking an extreme, fringe stance on a topic? That's new.

Personally I don't really give a damn about the game anymore. Friends that went to school at Iowa have long graduated and moved away, which sucks the fun out of the game day experience for me. The only thing I'd want to see if the football game were to go would be the elimination of all of it. No basketball, wrestling, track, whatever - just do away with this whole ******** Cy-Hawk series in it's entirety.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
I'd enjoy a series with Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Missouri, etc over playing Iowa. Losing to them is miserable and beating them is never an accomplishment they will admit to losing. I'd rather play an educated fan-base that I don't have to run into daily.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I'd enjoy a series with Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Missouri, etc over playing Iowa. Losing to them is miserable and beating them is never an accomplishment they will admit to losing. I'd rather play an educated fan-base that I don't have to run into daily.
Yeah, I think going every 3 or 5 years is a win win. We get different teams on the schedule and the less frequent meetings increases the intensity of the meeting.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
The only reason that I want to keep this game is for the atmosphere/tailgate and the large gathering of my long time friends who are Iowa grads/fans.

If not for that, I want to schedule like Baylor (3 lay-up non-con wins).

• Agree
Reactions: Scruff

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I voted yes, but I could take it or leave it. That rivalry week brings out the worst in some people, and I wouldn't miss putting up with that nonsense every year. I'd just as soon rekindle an old Big 12 rivalry and do a home and home series with Nebby.

• Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: AltHawk and GT25Ump

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron