POLL: Do you want to keep playing Iowa?

Do you want the Cy-Hawk football series to continue?

• Yes

Votes: 402 76.7%
  • No

Votes: 122 23.3%

• Total voters

LutherBlue

Oct 19, 2006
Considering they won the Iowa game in 2001, 2002, 2005, 2011 and 2012 to put them over the top for a bowl bid it looks like they have walked before.

The point is, if they aren't good enough to beat iowa, they are rarely good enough to get the bowl bid anyway.
But even in the years ISU misses a bowl, one more win is always better than one less win, in my opinion.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
But even in the years ISU misses a bowl, one more win is always better than one less win, in my opinion.
That is assuming that ISU loses to iowa every year they miss a bowl and that they will win every game they play in place of iowa. The first has been proven wrong and the second is unlikely considering some of the losses ISU has accumulated in the last few years.

Clones8686

Jan 19, 2015
In an ideal world I would like for the game to be played every year, but it's not really an ideal world, so no, I wouldn't mind playing them sometimes but not every year.

LutherBlue

Oct 19, 2006
That is assuming that ISU loses to iowa every year they miss a bowl and that they will win every game they play in place of iowa. The first has been proven wrong and the second is unlikely considering some of the losses ISU has accumulated in the last few years.
I'm not sure I'm tracking this. I thought you said, when ISU loses, it's unlikely to cost them a bowl game. I said, I'll always take another win even if it doesn't get us to a bowl.

If we are scheduling correctly, we should be able to substitute a school that we will beat far more frequently than the .500 batting average we have against Iowa over the past 20 years or so. This program needs all the wins it can get. The in state game is fun enough, but not worth sacrificing a win every other year (at best). Just my opinion.

Edit - just for the record, my preference is 2 years on, 2 years off with Iowa. That allows everyone to get their 7 home games.

cc1091

Oct 10, 2007
Minneapolis
Do you want to keep playing and beating Iowa?

(fixed it, and the answer is yes)

Do you want to keep playing Northern Iowa?
answer: once or twice more just to bury them by 50+ point, then drop them.

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
True enough. CW and his clickbait, right?

I am glad both respective ADs and the Regents seem committed to the game.

I wish they were not so committed. We could add a home and home with Toledo and get rid of this second level Big 10 school. Major upgrade in competition level. :cool:

• Funny
Reactions: Sigmapolis

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Wouldn't mind seeing Iowa play a season in the SEC, just as an experimentl
The $EC plays the same boring styles as the B1G, just with much better athletes. The BIG or PAC 12 would be more intriguing imo. Or even the B1G east would be a huge change.

19clone91

Nov 21, 2013
Denver, CO
National pundits aren't critizing Iowa's schedule because ISU is on it. They have been criticizing it because the Big 10 schedule that they have been dealt up until this year has been god awful and then they play 3 illinois states of the world along with ISU for non-con. If they went 12-0 this year, fewer people nationally would be complaining as much as 2 years ago when they only played the basement of the Big 10.

• Agree
Reactions: Stormin

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron