Pomlee Dismissed: Official Release

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
AMES, Iowa- Iowa State redshirt freshman L.A. Pomlee has been dismissed from the team for multiple violations of team rules, ISU head men’s basketball coach Greg McDermott announced today.

“We appreciate L.A.’s contributions to the program over the last year,â€￾ McDermott said. “My staff and I will continue to support him in any way possible and wish him nothing but the best in the future.â€￾

Pomlee, a native of Davenport, Iowa, sat out last season as a redshirt. Pomlee played a total of 32 minutes in eight games this year, averaging 0.9 points and 1.1 rebounds.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
AMES, Iowa- Iowa State redshirt freshman L.A. Pomlee has been dismissed from the team for multiple violations of team rules, ISU head men’s basketball coach Greg McDermott announced today.

“We appreciate L.A.’s contributions to the program over the last year,â€￾ McDermott said. “My staff and I will continue to support him in any way possible and wish him nothing but the best in the future.â€￾

Pomlee, a native of Davenport, Iowa, sat out last season as a redshirt. Pomlee played a total of 32 minutes in eight games this year, averaging 0.9 points and 1.1 rebounds.

Well someone's late to the party :wink:

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
Damn, too bad. I was looking forward him giving us some depth in the front court next year.

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
thats what i was thinking if i recall there was some type of baggage with him.. i know school was kind of a ? but i dont remember what else

IIRC, Pomlee's only risk was he had blood clots in his legs that could have been a health issue. I don't recall any other baggage of any sorts.

Rickybaby

Apr 15, 2006
I was wondering if something wasn't going on with LA. Alex Dorr a true freshman, walkon seemed to be getting playing before him, a RS Freshman on scholie. Frankly, Dorr hasn't looked too bad but depth next year is really gonna be a problem. Man, wonder if there are any quality JC players we could still get for next year.

RB

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
thats what i was thinking if i recall there was some type of baggage with him.. i know school was kind of a ? but i dont remember what else

Didnt he have trouble getting the grades to get into college. That was the rumored reason other schools backed off and why he signed with ISU so late.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Didnt he have trouble getting the grades to get into college. That was the rumored reason other schools backed off and why he signed with ISU so late.

Ding ding! Winner!!! From what I understand is that there were some Memphis type strings being pulled to somehow bump him into the top half of his class...not seriously, but I do know that he had some serious grade issues in High School

Reactions: kingcy