Postgame presser: Bill Fennelly, Addy Brown & Audi Crooks on Big 12 quarterfinals win

Connor_Ferguson

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 9, 2019
WATCH: Bill Fennelly, Audi Crooks & Addy Browns spoke to media members after their team's Big 12 quarterfinals victory.

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
WATCH: Bill Fennelly, Audi Crooks & Addy Browns spoke to media members after their team's Big 12 quarterfinals victory.

I have seen Coach Fennelly emotional before, but not as much as he did when talking about Emily.

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
No disrespect to Bill but Emily will without a doubt be remembered like the All Americans we have had here. Not just the records but for her loyalty to ISU.
I think what he was referring to is that she won't meet the requirements to hang her jersey and have that forever recognition in the Hilton raffers. What Emily provides mostly isan't in the stats and most of the leadership stuff, we fans don't even see. When combined with her personality and her love for the game and for ISU, you have a really special combo.

Was fun to see BF so emotional today talking about her and I think you'll see even more of that from him next season.

So happy Emily gets to "drive our car" and lead these young guns for 1 more season!!

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
No disrespect to Bill but Emily will without a doubt be remembered like the All Americans we have had here. Not just the records but for her loyalty to ISU.
This made me think Rulzzz. Why wouldn’t her jersey be hung? How many women’s bb jerseys are hung in Hilton?

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
This made me think Rulzzz. Why wouldn’t her jersey be hung? How many women’s bb jerseys are hung in Hilton?

Agree, There are just 4 Burns, Olson, Welle, Taylor.

Per JP you have to graduate and be in isu hof both which I feel Ryan and others than will go up like Ash and Bridget will qualify for once the 10 years since playing is up for isu hof eligibility.

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009

Per JP you have to graduate and be in isu hof both which I feel Ryan and others than will go up like Ash and Bridget will qualify for once the 10 years since playing is up for isu hof eligibility.
Completely agree. She has been instrumental the last four years.

Last year the big 12 tourney consisted of ISU victories over Baylor, Oklahoma, and Texas. Set up exactly the same this year. Let’s do it Twister Sisters! GoCyclones!!!!

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
Seeing BF being appropriately emotional is expected.

Seeing Addie and Audi being silly girls is also wonderful.

LET'S G TWISTERS!!!!

Reactions: NWICY

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net

I don't think she'll have the national recognition necessary for her jersey to be retired. Clearly Ash and Bridget will have their jerseys retired. I feel very strongly Stacy Frese should as well (2nd team AA, 3x 1st team all conference, 3x ISU female athlete of the year). I think that's it. And I'm a huge Emily Ryan fan.

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I don't think she'll have the national recognition necessary for her jersey to be retired. Clearly Ash and Bridget will have their jerseys retired. I feel very strongly Stacy Frese should as well (2nd team AA, 3x 1st team all conference, 3x ISU female athlete of the year). I think that's it. And I'm a huge Emily Ryan fan.

I guess I missed where you have to be an all American. Maybe she can achieve that next year.

IsUaClone2

May 12, 2006
Northville, MI
I suppose I'm wrong but I look at the jersey hanging rules the same way the British monarchy looks at Royal Tradition rules. Royal Tradition forbids a royal from marrying a divorced person? Change the rule. Royal Tradition forbids the Queen from standing on the the same ground as her subjects to honor a funeral procession? Change the rule. Royal Tradition forbids a royal from marrying outside the aristocracy? Change the rule.

I also suppose that I can be mollified if Ryan gets into the ISU HOF as soon as she is eligible.