Premier League

Deanster

Mar 3, 2012
Barclays Premier League starts this weekend! Plenty of interesting story lines to start the season, especially with the transfers that were made.

What are your predictions on the year? Chelsea going to repeat? Sterling going to shine at Man City?Arsenal going to put a complete season together and hold the trophy?

Personally, I'm hoping for Liverpool to bounce back, and get into the top 4. It'll be very different without seeing Gerrard this year. They made plenty of offseason moves, so hopefully it works out better than last season :/

[video=youtube;JsOJELEAMW8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsOJELEAMW8[/video]

Colorado

Aug 29, 2008
Colorado
I only pay attention to Liverpool so I won't bother with any predictions for other teams. I'm hoping for a return to CL play for Liverpool. I like the moves they have made. It will take time for them to mesh.

I've got a bet with a coworker that roots for Everton - straight up points for the first 19 games and then we reevaluate at half-way point and give points. 6-pack of beer for the first half, 12-pack for end of season.

Deanster

Mar 3, 2012
I only pay attention to Liverpool so I won't bother with any predictions for other teams. I'm hoping for a return to CL play for Liverpool. I like the moves they have made. It will take time for them to mesh.

I've got a bet with a coworker that roots for Everton - straight up points for the first 19 games and then we reevaluate at half-way point and give points. 6-pack of beer for the first half, 12-pack for end of season.

I've got a buddy who is an Everton supporter, I may propose the same bet!

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Chelsea still has to be the odds on favorite. I like Arsenal's squad, I think there's a lot of quality and a lot of depth. If we can stop the injuries that is, I see Wilshere is out for like a month and a half now. I think Oxlade-Chamberlain is poised to have a big season.

Also Bournemouth getting to the Premier League is nothing short of incredible given where they started from not long ago, I don't know much about them but I hope they can do enough to stay up.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
I picked Chelsea last year, so I'm going to be a bit of a homer and go with Arsenal this year. I really wish we would add a damn striker. Benzema continues to be my pipe dream.

isubeatle

Aug 9, 2006
Des Moines
attachment.php

Attachments

• 153189-did-you-see-that-ludicrous-dis-89hk.png
    153189-did-you-see-that-ludicrous-dis-89hk.png
    232.8 KB · Views: 1,240

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
It looks like NBC is putting matches on the USA Network this season. The Everton match is coming up on USA while Villa vs Bournemouth is on NBCSN.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Well that was an embarrassing way to start the season. Reminds me of Aston Villa 2 years ago.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Petr Cech looked like garbage today, did Mourinho send him over as a double agent!?

Deanster

Mar 3, 2012
Exciting first weekend. Happy Liverpool got 3 points, and I still believe Coutinho is one of the best in the league. Teams should have been lining up for him rather than Sterling.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Exciting first weekend. Happy Liverpool got 3 points, and I still believe Coutinho is one of the best in the league. Teams should have been lining up for him rather than Sterling.
Coutinho is fun to watch, that's for sure. Sterling has the benefit of being English and City need homegrown players and one that is as good as Sterling isn't easy to come by.

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
https://twitter.com/RichSandomir/status/630779245330071552

Thank god, the last thing I want is for Fox or ESPN to get their hands on it and ruin it.

I had a busy weekend and didn't get to watch much. Does anyone have Comcast? If so, did they fix their live extra yet so that is an actually a channel and not an on demand item? It is the worst, Direct did it very nicely.

Any way should be an exciting season, not sure anyone will challenge Chelsea, but there are battles up and down the table to look forward to.