Premier League

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
I wouldn't call the Prem the most competitive league in the world. It's the same 4-5 teams winning every year. Minus the miracle run by Leicester last year.

There are better teams at the top in other leagues (Real, Barca, Bayern), but the EPL has way more depth than the other leagues. It's not even close.

• Agree
Reactions: timhisu

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
what league would you call the most competitive then?

La Liga? Real Madrid and Barcelona
Budesliga? Bayern and rarely Dortmund
Italy? Juventus
France? PSG

I'm not really sure to be honest. If you're talking strictly about the top leagues in Europe, I suppose it would have to be the Premier League. I guess it kind of depends on how you interpret what a competitive league is. All of the top leagues have the same couple of teams with the most money win about every year. Where a league like MLS has a lot more parity because it has a salary cap. Obviously, the quality isn't on the same level as those leagues, but it's not the same team winning every year.

And I'm not saying I don't enjoy the Premier League, I watch it quite often, but I just don't think it is the most competitive. I'm just being nit-picky though, I suppose.

• Disagree
Reactions: FDclone

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Serious rumblings of Max Allegri and Arsenal being in close contact. This would be an absolute dream hire. Other possible candidates to replace Wenger include Touchel (would love this also), Hasenhuttl (wouldn't be against this), Howe (not a fan), and Diego Simeone (another dream hire).

So giddy over the possibility of finally replacing Wenger. With that said he'll probably spurn me saying this and sign an extension within the week.

• Agree
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

Deanster

Mar 3, 2012
Serious rumblings of Max Allegri and Arsenal being in close contact. This would be an absolute dream hire. Other possible candidates to replace Wenger include Touchel (would love this also), Hasenhuttl (wouldn't be against this), Howe (not a fan), and Diego Simeone (another dream hire).

So giddy over the possibility of finally replacing Wenger. With that said he'll probably spurn me saying this and sign an extension within the week.

I don't know how Wenger has made it this long... especially in a league where the average length of a manager seems to be about 1-2 seasons. Arsenal have had some pretty loaded teams in years past, but always seem to underachieve.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I don't know how Wenger has made it this long... especially in a league where the average length of a manager seems to be about 1-2 seasons. Arsenal have had some pretty loaded teams in years past, but always seem to underachieve.
He's definitely using the glory days when Henry was the best player in the world to extend his career longer than it probably should have been. But there is something to be said for being a contender and never finished outside the top 4 for 20+ years, it's not like any manager could do that.

Deanster

Mar 3, 2012
He's definitely using the glory days when Henry was the best player in the world to extend his career longer than it probably should have been. But there is something to be said for being a contender and never finished outside the top 4 for 20+ years, it's not like any manager could do that.

Very true. But for the sake of debate, consistently finishing top 4 without winning the title could mean time for a change. As a Liverpool fan though, I'd take top 4 every year! Especially after the depressing start to 2017....

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Very true. But for the sake of debate, consistently finishing top 4 without winning the title could mean time for a change. As a Liverpool fan though, I'd take top 4 every year! Especially after the depressing start to 2017....
I think it probably is time for a change, just as long as people realize that while it's possible that making a change wins us the league at some point soon, finishing below 4th is also a real possibility.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Not that Arsenal ever does anything in the Champion's League anyways, but the added funds are obviously helpful.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron