Premier League

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
If Wenger isn't canned before next season I will be canceling my trip to the Emirates. I've gone full Paul Rhoads era apathy.
He will be. Don't cancel your trip.

Already talks happening about bringing in Ernesto Valverde, apparently, which would be a good get for Arsenal if they can pull that off. Although I heard Barca is in contacts with him as well.

Heard Max Allergi's name being thrown around as well.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
He will be. Don't cancel your trip.

Already talks happening about bringing in Ernesto Valverde, apparently, which would be a good get for Arsenal if they can pull that off. Although I heard Barca is in contacts with him as well.

Heard Max Allergi's name being thrown around as well.

They've been talking about bringing Allegri since January. I swear the British tabloids are 10x worse than ours.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
They've been talking about bringing Allegri since January. I swear the British tabloids are 10x worse than ours.
Yeah, agreed and it seems like there are about 10x as many. But The talks of Wenger being on the out seems to be all over everywhere, so I would think those hold a little bit more weight.

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
Brighton & Hove Albion are coming up officially. The fans rushed the field and everything.

Newcastle and Huddersfield town are still duking it out over the other automatic promotion spot.

I wish we had Pro/Rel for MLS but I don't think it'd improve quality as most people would think. I think it starts with the academies

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Anyone see Bayern get bent over and f'd in the a by the ref/linesmen in the Champion's League yesterday?

• Agree
Reactions: Deanster

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Brighton & Hove Albion are coming up officially. The fans rushed the field and everything.

Newcastle and Huddersfield town are still duking it out over the other automatic promotion spot.

I wish we had Pro/Rel for MLS but I don't think it'd improve quality as most people would think. I think it starts with the academies
I like Pro/Rel because it adds more excitement to the bottom of the league, but it also just solidifies the top part of the league and narrows down the number of teams that can win.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
The British sports press at this point is wondering what type of cash filled dump truck it would take to get him. At this point Juventus looks like the best club in the world. Looking at their stadium during the home stands, I don't think Arsenal can compete on anything but a checkbook.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
The British sports press at this point is wondering what type of cash filled dump truck it would take to get him. At this point Juventus looks like the best club in the world. Looking at their stadium during the home stands, I don't think Arsenal can compete on anything but a checkbook.
Isn't Arsenal's first problem that they still have an offer for Arsene Wenger on the table? When I read articles on the BBC they mention that they offered him a new deal, has it ever been pulled?

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Isn't Arsenal's first problem that they still have an offer for Arsene Wenger on the table? When I read articles on the BBC they mention that they offered him a new deal, has it ever been pulled?
Arsenal's 1st, 2nd and 3rd, problem is Stan Kroenke.

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames

The academies should be the #1 priority and I think they are. They are starting to produce some quality players but I don't think it will really start to show for a few more years.

Hell, FC Dallas's Academy just beat Evertons 5-0.

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
I like Pro/Rel because it adds more excitement to the bottom of the league, but it also just solidifies the top part of the league and narrows down the number of teams that can win.
USL just announced a new D3, hopefully in the next 5-7 years there's a pro/rel system between USL Pro (Just got D2 Status)/likely merged NASL and D3 (Maybe the Menace could move up if they could afford the travel and player fees?) and shortly after that with MLS itself. (I think there will be a growing call for it in the next few years, especially if we have a bad showing or don't even qualify for Russia)
The academies should be the #1 priority and I think they are. They are starting to produce some quality players but I don't think it will really start to show for a few more years.

Hell, FC Dallas's Academy just beat Evertons 5-0.

I wouldn't jump the gun because these teams send their 3rd or 4th youth team essentially to face our 1st teams if I am correct but I think they'll drop the draft all together and then FC Dallas will really be a force to be reckoned with.

(Didn't mean to hijack the thread like this sorry)

I think Wenger's gone by the end of the season. Probably 6th behind Everton in 5th. With Leicester out of the UCL, it's likely Everton getting the UEL's automatic group spot but a UCL spot even if in the playoff would be huge, especially in keeping Lukaku and attract players that dream of playing in Europe

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
I think Wenger's gone by the end of the season. Probably 6th behind Everton in 5th. With Leicester out of the UCL, it's likely Everton getting the UEL's automatic group spot but a UCL spot even if in the playoff would be huge, especially in keeping Lukaku and attract players that dream of playing in Europe

I'm stuck between rooting against my favorite club and telling myself that I should never root against them. I want Wenger gone so bad, but at the same time I don't trust this incompetent board to replace him with a better manager.

In the mean time Paulo Dybala and Juventus are holding me over. Were the same age and I'm trying to find a job after graduation, while he's tearing Barca apart. Huge fan of his and Max Allegri.