Prohm Contract Extended

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
$2M a year is still too low to me. If he gets us back to the NCAA tournament next season, he needs to be flirting with $3M a year.

Even top ten programs miss a tourney here or there. Michigan State misses this year if you flip a couple results. I'll be thrilled if we can make it next year.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Weber has one as well with Self's players in 2004-2005. Not a popular opinion but Prohm is at best the 6th best coach in the conference. I have Self (duh), Huggins (duh), Dixon, Kruger, and Drew ahead of him. Other fans would make arguments for the others I didn't mention.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Weber_(basketball)

The thing about Drew is we'll never know how much of his success is from coaching at an incredibly corrupt and immoral institution. Prohm hopefully will never have that advantage at ISU.

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
The thing about Drew is we'll never know how much of his success is from coaching at an incredibly corrupt and immoral institution. Prohm hopefully will never have that advantage at ISU.
Honestly, it doesn't appear that Drew has done anything out of the ordinary up to this point.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Drew had every disadvantage. I'm not going to be the one to impose moral judgment against an entire student body based on the pathetic choices of a few.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...er-one-baylor-scandal-now-hes-doing-it-again/

I can't say I know for sure, but nobody can say with certainty if Drew succeeded clean or not. Baylor athletics has somehow surpassed Penn State as an immoral criminal syndicate.

1. Previous basketball coach covered up a murder.
2. Football program currently covering up dozens of rape cases.
3. Current womens basketball coach completely dismisses the dozens of rapes and basically spits on women who have been raped by Baylor athletes.

Drew could be a saint, but nobody can be sure at that place, especially for a team that's succeeding which historically did not.

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
I can't say I know for sure, but nobody can say with certainty if Drew succeeded clean or not. Baylor athletics has somehow surpassed Penn State as an immoral criminal syndicate.

1. Previous basketball coach covered up a murder.
2. Football program currently covering up dozens of rape cases.
3. Current womens basketball coach completely dismisses the dozens of rapes and basically spits on women who have been raped by Baylor athletes.

Drew could be a saint, but nobody can be sure at that place, especially for a team that's succeeding which historically did not.
I think I will go with the "innocent until proven guilty" stance. He actually seems like a decent human being.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron