Question for people familiar with Iowa JUCO football

tcufrog86

Nov 22, 2006
Hey everyone

I am a TCU fan, but i read this forum because I used to live in Ames and Iowa State is the team I follow in the Big 12. I have not posted, but now that TCU has picked up a commitment from a kid that played at NIACC I was wondering if any Cyclone fans had seen him play this year.

The kids name is Marques Parker and he is listed as a WR in rivals, but from what I understand he played WR/RB/DB and returned kicks for NIACC. If anyone has seen this kid play, I would like your thoughts on his ability.

His only other offers were from Ohio and Northern Iowa, so Iowa State and Iowa were not that interested.

CHim

Apr 20, 2006
I went to NIACC last year and Parker is a heck of an athlete. I don't know much about TCU so I don't know if he will play or not, but he is a great athlete. He also seemed like a pretty good guy from when I talked to him.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
Iowa State is not building with JUCOs. Head Coach Gene Chizik prefers high school players with 4 years, or JUCO's that have a full three to play.

cgwarrior33

Mar 27, 2006
Norwalk, Iowa
NIACC is not exactly a football powerhouse for the JUCO's in Iowa. Iowa Central is alot more notable for that. That being said, I did not see them play. I am from up around that area and I know there was not alot of "hype" around the football program. I hope he works out for you.