Quiet on Set (Nickelodeon doc on Max)

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
OK. I just watched this series and can't be the only one.
******* wild. I don't even know what to say.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Lots of rumors have always been thrown around about Nickelodeon child stars and their situations. Haven't watched this particular show however.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Amanda Bynes makes a lot more sense when you realize the reality a lot of those kids went through.

I can believe the behind the scenes stuff didn't help but I also remember her being on there when she was a kid and she seemed nuts to begin with.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I can believe the behind the scenes stuff didn't help but I also remember her being on there when she was a kid and she seemed nuts to begin with.
How did Hilary Duff turn out ok? We all know about Miley and Britney.

Dgilbertson

Sep 16, 2023
I think a lot has to do w how healthily involved/protective parents of child stars are.

Are you gonna “let” your kid be in a sketchy situation, knowingly or unknowingly? You gonna pimp em out for the payday. It’s gross from all angles.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

The entertainment industry has always been awful (see: stories around Judy Garland, Shirley Temple, etc), and I think there's folks who also have issues from whatever goes on well before they get into an industry or hobby/sport or whatever.

Whether it's home life or parental issues or all of it.

I just remember Bynes on All That or something and being really belligerent/ loud and just kind of off the rails in a real abnormal way.

Reactions: JimmyChitwood

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Oh my god it never clicked in my head that Dan Schneider played that role. Better Off Dead is a forgotten, underrated treasure, but … Ewww!
Older daughter pointed this documentary out to me, told me about it and that I had to watch it. Then when I pulled it up and saw Dan Schneider, that was the first thing that clicked in my head.... RICKY?!?!

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
The entertainment industry has always been awful (see: stories around Judy Garland, Shirley Temple, etc), and I think there's folks who also have issues from whatever goes on well before they get into an industry or hobby/sport or whatever.

Whether it's home life or parental issues or all of it.

I just remember Bynes on All That or something and being really belligerent/ loud and just kind of off the rails in a real abnormal way.

I feel like her parents were grooming her for a career from the day she was born which is ****** up. The parents are really the ones to blame in all this. The kids try to deflect blame from the parents in the series, but it just serves to really highlight their failure in the matter.

Reactions: madguy30

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
We watched the first 3 about 2 weeks ago. Wife has been gone a bunch the last two week so we haven't finished it yet. I was a bit too old to watch the Nick teen shows, but I was at least familiar with them. I remember Dan as the guy from Head of the Class.