Quiz: Determine your education level

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

amishclone

Feb 23, 2014
Yeah it over ranked me too. More substantive than a lot of these things though. I hit the wrong button once (I know what entomology is!) and I said 6,000 years because I think that's more nearly correct than 4.5 billion so I'm not sure how much my score suffered as a result. :D

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Yeah it over ranked me too. More substantive than a lot of these things though. I hit the wrong button once (I know what entomology is!) and I said 6,000 years because I think that's more nearly correct than 4.5 billion so I'm not sure how much my score suffered as a result. :D

Spoiler alert! It got mine right.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
45, I'm a professor apparently. The picture definitely helped on a few though.

• Agree
Reactions: Angie

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
two degrees more than I own. :)

Fun quiz, and certainly a nice range of questions. However I feel most of the questions should be answered by a middle school kid.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
two degrees more than I own. :)

Fun quiz, and certainly a nice range of questions. However I feel most of the questions should be answered by a middle school kid.

same. And a couple that should automatically get you labeled "dropout" if you get them wrong.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
I got 44 of 50 right

Amazing! Are you a professor? If not, you may want to consider a career change.

I think I'll pass on the career change though.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Samesies... I missed a couple because I clicked too soon but I also guessed correctly on a couple so evened out.
There were a couple I debated between 2 answers and then selected the wrong one. Most of this is stuff you should have learned at some point in your life, or at least be able to make a logical assumption. It just depends on how much you can retain.
It's still fun, I like taking general information quizzes.

• Agree
Reactions: Omaha Cy

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
masters degree - which is what i have. but none of this really has anything to do with level of education and more how many things you've remembered since high school. not one question was related to my master's degree so i don't see how the two are related.

Yeah, that was my thought as well. It was stuff I knew in high school, and getting a bachelor's didn't change it at all

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
49/50... missed the one literature one on the gender-bending pen name.

Hey! A Ph.D. education at an MA's salary! Whoo!

I figured most of us should have known many of these in high school, though. Some of them might even be more familiar at that point in your life given your immediate study of them.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
45, I'm a professor apparently. The picture definitely helped on a few though.

Me to. But that's a job, not an education level...

Yeah, I don't think there was anything in there I didn't know in high school. In fact I probably would have scored better in high school when that info was fresher.