Quiz: Determine your education level

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
also worth noting is that i hit 'try again' and it's a completely different set of questions. :-\

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
The science and history portions were a snap. The art and literature...not so much. I love a good WW2 documentary, or some outer space and science nerdery. Historical art in terms of writings of lasting merit, or paintings aren't exactly on my radar. Last year I did read at least 6 or 7 books from a few different series of Terminator novels. :p

Unfortunately there were no questions pertaining to 1980's NFL.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
The science and history portions were a snap. The art and literature...not so much. I love a good WW2 documentary, or some outer space and science nerdery. Historical art in terms of writings of lasting merit, or paintings aren't exactly on my radar. Last year I did read at least 6 or 7 books from a few different series of Terminator novels. :p

Unfortunately there were no questions pertaining to 1980's NFL.

Pretty much the opposite for me. Of the four subjects you mentioned, my order of knowledge is: literature, art, science, history. (I can't remember dates for ****.)

It put me at two degrees above what I have.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I got Master's level, but I missed a bunch, honestly. I don't think any of the content was stuff that was covered beyond my high school curriculum. Maybe the astronomy.

Now, the one about 80's TV shows? 30/30 and took me less than two minutes to answer them all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Angie

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
My order is probably history, literature, science, art.

I took a short humanities class in college that covered just a few artists, architecture, drama, etc. I'd enjoyed and looked up art a fair amount on my own, but it does help if you have someone teaching you things that you can't just tell by looking at a painting. Like, Monet - he does what's called pointillism, which is sort of amazing. He put thousands of little dots of paint on canvas to compose his famous water lilies and such:

Claude_Monet-Water_Lilies-1919-detail-865x577.jpg

That's insane dedication to me, and I find it fascinating - but would never have been able to tell by looking at the painting.

My first grader and I spent about 40 minutes just looking up famous paintings the other night on my iPad, at her request - it was amazing, I was so shocked that she was interested at 6.5. I think your brain is just wired to remember certain types of things, and I think hers is similar to mine - it makes total sense that a more mathematical-leaning mind would remember science and history (with all of its dates) rather than art.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
It told me that I am a PHD after I answered the question, "Are you an Iowa State Cyclones fan?" When I answered "Yes" the test was over and I was annointed a PHD. :)

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
I think I missed every literature question and it got my bachelor's degree right. I have a terrible memory, so I'm not too surprised.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron